• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

esCob4r

What air cooler could I get that can either perform the same or outperform the h60? I was thinking of trying to cooler master Hyper 212 or osmething around that price range.

Yea I would like to try the Hyper 212+ Evo but they do not have in for sale at my local Compusa store. I would have to order it from Compusa.com/Tigerdirect.com. I would need something immediately if I return/exchange the Corsair H60.

Hey esCob4r I just noticed that you're in South Florida... I'm in Pompano Beach, just a little north of Fort Lauderdale. :D

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for $34.99 at Tiger Direct: Here

Since you're in South Florida, you could try going to the Tiger Direct store in Miami: Here. It wouldn't hurt to call them and see if they have it in stock there.

Hey esCob4r I just noticed that you're in South Florida... I'm in Pompano Beach, just a little north of Fort Lauderdale. :D

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for $34.99 at Tiger Direct: Here

Since you're in South Florida, you could try going to the Tiger Direct store in Miami: Here. It wouldn't hurt to call them and see if they have it in stock there.

Thanks for the head sup. I am a bit stuck with where I can go to be honest. The furthest I can maybe travel is to Compusa at Deerfield and I have been there quite a bit and haven't seen them in stock there. They only carry the Hyper 212+. Would it really be worth getting a Hyper 212+ EVO over the Corsair H60 I have?

I'd say yes. I've got a Corsair H50 that I'm getting ready to replace with the Hyper 212+, from what I've found it looks to be a good "upgrade". (H50 is really starting to show its age, can't keep the machine cool at 3.4 ghz for a long amount of time).

Thanks for the head sup. I am a bit stuck with where I can go to be honest. The furthest I can maybe travel is to Compusa at Deerfield and I have been there quite a bit and haven't seen them in stock there. They only carry the Hyper 212+. Would it really be worth getting a Hyper 212+ EVO over the Corsair H60 I have?

One thing you can try and do is contact your nearest CompUSA and ask them if you can order one from them and they'll call you when it gets to the store. I used to do that with my local CompUSA when they didn't have a part I wanted... I'd just pay it and wait a few days for them to get it for me.

One thing you can try and do is contact your nearest CompUSA and ask them if you can order one from them and they'll call you when it gets to the store. I used to do that with my local CompUSA when they didn't have a part I wanted... I'd just pay it and wait a few days for them to get it for me.

Yeah been thinking about that.. But only way I am going to change my cpu cooler is by exchanging my H60. I uono I am pretty happy with the h60 so I think I am going to keep it. I am just trying to figure a way to get the Asus 560 which is like 140 after MiR there.

If you're happy with the H60 and it's keeping your CPU nice and cool; there is no need to fix what ain't broken. :D

Yeah been thinking about that.. But only way I am going to change my cpu cooler is by exchanging my H60. I uono I am pretty happy with the h60 so I think I am going to keep it. I am just trying to figure a way to get the Asus 560 which is like 140 after MiR there.

Indeed.Only thing about it I am not happy about is how high my temps get when I try to push 4.0ghz on my 1090t =/.. I think I was reaching some where around 60C at full load. Maybe 50C. Not bad at all IMO but I like seeing my load temps not exceed 40C.. I guess I am just going to keep my OC at 3.8ghz for now.

I'd keep the H60 for now and be content with lower OC. If and when you want higher OC, I suggest upgrading to a better cooler than even the Hyper 212+ which is a good cooler for the money. Lots of good high end coolers out there. Newegg is where I would look.

What cooler would I be better off with other then the h60? Price range is some what limited. I would say maybe 25 - 50 bucks.

Indeed.Only thing about it I am not happy about is how high my temps get when I try to push 4.0ghz on my 1090t =/.. I think I was reaching some where around 60C at full load. Maybe 50C. Not bad at all IMO but I like seeing my load temps not exceed 40C.. I guess I am just going to keep my OC at 3.8ghz for now.

I don't think there is a single cooler out there that will allow you to do 4GHz on the 1090T and still keep 40C at load. You'd need water cooling for that... Please note that the H60 and the other "self-contained" water coolers out there are not really considered water cooling. When I say "You'd need water cooling for that"; I mean that you would need a custom water loop that included a 3.120 radiator for the CPU... At a minimum.

I'd keep the H60 for now and be content with lower OC. If and when you want higher OC, I suggest upgrading to a better cooler than even the Hyper 212+ which is a good cooler for the money. Lots of good high end coolers out there. Newegg is where I would look.

^This... But with an exception. Newegg is NOT the place to look; they have a good selection, but don't carry many of the good ones. They don't carry anything from Thermalright for example. I would look at sites like FrozenCPU.com, svc.com, heatsinkfactory.com, xoxide.com, crazypc.com, etc.

What cooler would I be better off with other then the h60? Price range is some what limited. I would say maybe 25 - 50 bucks.

At that price range; you don't have too many options. The Hyper212 Evo that was mentioned before will be on par with the H60; it may be a bit better, but not by much.
In your budget range; you could go with the CoGage True Spirit (made by Thermalright) for $39.99 and you'd need to purchase the Bot-through kit for AM3 board for an extra $8.99. That's pretty much what you'd be limited to in your budget range. The top heatsinks out there start at around $70 and go all the way up to $100.

Thanks seba. Yeah I am not 100 percent sure what I am or want to do at this point. The h60 seems to be working at 40C under full load @ 3.8Ghz but thats about it. I am not even sure if its 100 percent stable. I seem to have issues with the F@H GPU Tracker V2 sometimes and I am not sure if its the overclock, the software, or my computer all together itself. It just stops responding saying, This program has stopped working, Chck online for solution or close the program. I have tried to check online for solution but nothing was fixed. I might have to download a new tracker or something.

Back