• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video card help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnnyp

Registered
Hi I have a HD 7770 money is a little tight. Should I buy a 7870 or just crossfire my 7770. I used it on Crysis 2 without any Problems. It Played the game just fine. I am new into PC gaming ..

Thank You.

johnnyp, welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Is there any particular reason you wish to spend more money? Why not try overclocking your HD7770 first? To answer your original question, the crossfire setup seems to scale quite well and does make sense for cards that are low end because heat and power consumption are modest when compared to the high end cards. The choice is a matter of personal preference and dictated by the money you have in hand.

IMO, i'd sell the 7770, you can probably still get a fair amount for it because it is not that old, and get a 7850. It is a much faster card, and this will in the end be cheaper than buying a 2nd 7770.

Back