• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
EVGA GTX 580 1.5

only runs 40% Folding.

Newest drivers. 296.10

Need to turn off the load control.
Did that thru the control pannel but still runs only at 80%.

Ideas?

Went back to the 296 after a couple of driver changes.

Disable the load control and it runs at 80%.
clocking it up a bit, and turn the fan up.

Still at 80%.

Maybe I should have stuck with my GTS 8800 320.
At least that put out some big numbers. :bang head

Nobody folding GPU out there ???

What kinda TPF's are you getting?

That Panda GPU.txt file link is broken too. Just FYI.

Nobody folding GPU out there ???

What kinda TPF's are you getting?

That Panda GPU.txt file link is broken too. Just FYI.

That file link worked yesterday morning early. It's down today because it had some bad entries in it, and because they are integrating that data, right into the V7 client itself, atm.

This is the version from yesterday morning, in a self extracting archive. Remove the .txt extension and fire it up:

View attachment GPUs.exe.txt

Could this be a CPU bottleneck?

With a NVidia card, it's very doubtful.

That is one problem with GPU folding - the drivers don't come from FAH, and each version, with the card it's intended for, may act slightly different with FAH.

Once you find the right one, and get the FAH client to work with it, you're golden. Let me poke around on the net.

CPU is a Quad 6600 / 775 chip running at 3.2
9x355 / timings 6-6-6-15 1.90v

Under water.

Last edited:
GPU? :p

I haven't looked around yet, because while I was logging out, a spider SOB came down from the overhead and landed just below my left eyes (inside my glasses). When I reacted by removing my glasses so I could brush him off, he reacted by biting me. SOB!

CPU is a Quad 6600 old school. skt 775.

actually, it's looking like I'm turning 12k a day.

even at a slower fold, the system isn't crashing or locking, (don't worry, it did that at below stock clocks)

I hope you made bug juice outta that spider.

Yeah, definitely! Aside from some initial slight pain and swelling, it's been no problem, which is a huge relief. We have some killer spiders around here. I see them from once in a blue moon in the shed. I mean that in the mortal sense, not the gaming sense. They kill a few (adults even), every year.

I'm wondering if the workaround is going back to the gpu console client? Did it act the same way there?

I haven't run this card ever before folding. It's new to me.

I bought my GTS 8800 320 mb new if that tells you anything?

Think I ran GPU folding with that Pentium 805 hotdog cooker a few years back.

If I need to I'll go back to the older style client.

I didn't see a real resolution to the problem of getting it running at 100%, using the new V7 client - but I found nothing about using that card with the older gpu client, either.

YOU! are the proverbial guinea pig, buddy! Now for the all important question:
Can you say "Row, Row, Row", into a megaphone? :rofl:

yeah, the old hot dog cookers!

Good luck.

:D
Thanks for the guidence and help with this, life has me running in all directions at one.
Time is at a premium.
Sunday was a 19 hr day. :bang head

I think I can stand up and yell: Row ! Row ! Row ! :blah:

:comp:

Back