• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to site/overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wes44

Going to get straight to it. Information was gathered by CPU-Z (im dumb)
Processor-AMD Semperon le-1250 (sparta) socket am2 2219mhz (2.2) bus speed 201.1mhz
motherboard- NARRA5
bios- phoenix technologies
not sure what this memory tab is exactly
nvida 9800gt akimbo gpu (i believe akimbo is a heatsink but not familiar with alot of it)

my goal is to get this to 2.8 to install diablo3, i know the game can be run at 2.2 as i've done it in beta and i was hoping to get somebody input on if i should even attempt with a prebuilt HP pavilion. I've read forums were a person has gotten his semperon to 2.9+ and i have the program SetFSB. i've read guides on how to do it but havnt tried yet

Does the motherboard bios support adjustable cpu voltage/Vcore?

Does the motherboard bios support adjustable Ram/Memory voltages?

Does the motherboard bios support adjustable Ram/Memory Frequency in bios?

Does the motherboard bios support adjustable CPU Frequency/adjustable FSB?

If the answer is n0 to any of those questions, the ability to overclock is practically n0n-existent.

Please attach pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". The Memory tab tells us about your current memory timings and frequency and the SPD tab tells us what the memory manufacturer recommends for timings and voltages when set to different frequencies. No need to type the info, a picture is worth a thousand words and much easier.

To attach pics on the forum, first crop and save the images to disk with a screen/image capture tool. If you have Vista or Windows 7 the Snipping Tool in Accessories is great for this. Then click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of any new post window. When the Advanced post window appears, click on the little paper clip icon at the top which will bring up the file browser and uploader window. The rest is obvious.

Back