• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC won't turn on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anonmau5

Registered
I recently built a PC, it has worked good for a few days until yesterday evening when i turned it on. It booted up normally then 10 minutes later it went blank and it won't turn on by pressing the power button of the case. I tested the power supply using the paper clip method and it won't power up however i want to know for sure if the paper clip method is valid before i send it back for replacement.

If the paperclip method is done correctly (shorting the green wire to a black wire, and the PSU is plugged into the wall and is switched on with the rear switch) and the PSU doesn't turn on, it's dead-dead.

What brand PSU?

If the paperclip method is done correctly (shorting the green wire to a black wire, and the PSU is plugged into the wall and is switched on with the rear switch) and the PSU doesn't turn on, it's dead-dead.

What brand PSU?

Thanks for your time, i did exactly as you said. I am going to send it to amazon and they are going to refound me. The PSU is Be quiet! 530w. Once i get the refound ill add 10 extra euros and order a corsair.

Back