• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Bing Vs Google Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Using the link in the first post, what were your results?

• Google

Votes: 74 93.7%
  • Bing

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I'm terrible and use Yahoo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jazon1

anyone else see this?

Basically its a blind search comparison between Google and Bing, made by bing as an attempt to get people to switch to Bing or supposedly see that its better lol.

you get asked to do 5 searches and pick each time what one is better in your mind without knowing what one is what,

at the end of my test the results were Google=5, =Bing=0
Guess it backfired on them lol.

Last edited:
I saw the TV commercial for this and thought what load of biased crap. Google won out unanimously for me too.

I had a draw, but I use both sites extensively so I'm not entirely surprised. If my first search or second result doesn't get me what I want I switch to the other provider. Bing is my default provider on some machines and google is my default on others.

I've made it a poll for you. I'm interested to see what people get for results.

every single time i stray from google for what ever reason (whether the other search provider is someones home page or default or what ever) i ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get burned... the link im looking for is not there.

Google, first one 90% of the time.

The results of my searches -

Google
Google
Google
Google
Bing

Google is my start page on every computer, always. First thing I do after a fresh format, pretty much.

Bing has never once narrowed my search or found a correct link to my search. Google wins hands down!

**Just did the survey and 5/5 for google.. lol! Microsoft should have really thoght this over before putting a survey together, secondly how did they get there 2 to1 prefer bing results?

Last edited:
So I did 5 totally random searches for stuff I may search for sometime. I picked whichever window actually looked to have the more recent/accurate results.

And the winner is:
google_haha.jpg

I've made it a poll for you. I'm interested to see what people get for results.

Thanks thideras, im interested to see the results as well
you really have to wounder how they came up with the 2/1 pick bing lol

This was pretty good :)

before you ask.....

I just wanted to see if it would show explicit images.

Attachments

• lol.png
    lol.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 268
I just gotta say...

I figured there'd be more people around here who were anti-google...

I can understand "the masses" not knowing the difference, but around here.... I tend to think we are a pretty informed bunch and that the majority of us would recognize the threat that google poses....

Eh well... Maybe I need to loosen my tinfoil hat.

I just gotta say...

I can understand "the masses" not knowing the difference, but around here.... I tend to think we are a pretty informed bunch and that the majority of us would recognize the threat that google poses....

haha i know what you mean but they control it all so they can search it all lmao

Thanks thideras, im interested to see the results as well
you really have to wounder how they came up with the 2/1 pick bing lol
"Out of the 5 people we slipped a twenty tested..."

lol i think part of it could be that we are all used to twisting the words were inputing for google to search and pull up just what we want. i mean half the stuff i put in there makes no sense and google is like... "bing" answer :rofl: if i type the same **** in bing its like uhhh what is this idiot trying to say? lol i think i just tried it like once when it first came out and i couldnt find anything and was like screw this :D i do use bing maps becausetheir arial view is way way way better in 90% of places

tried some random crap and i guess bing is better at finding english websites lol searched my generic POS monitor i have at work

Attachments

• lol.JPG
    lol.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
I just gotta say...

Made this one just for the LOLs... Got it right on the first try too...

googlevsbing.jpg

Bleh, tried twice and got draws both times. Probably because when I search something, I look for reputable sites in the first ten or so results and go from there. Both seem to do a decent job of at least getting that right.

Back