• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Bing Vs Google Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Using the link in the first post, what were your results?

• Google

Votes: 74 93.7%
  • Bing

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I'm terrible and use Yahoo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bing and google are the only two search engines with the money to compete (against each other) to begin with. Obviously google will give better results as they started out as a search engine from day one. I don't use or like either.

Bing and google are the only two search engines with the money to compete (against each other) to begin with. Obviously google will give better results as they started out as a search engine from day one. I don't use or like either.
I don't like Microsoft for a number of reasons. I can actually qualify those reasons. Yes they have done some good things, as has Bill done some good things with the money he has gained from all of us, but I still feel that they have been a net negative on what we all have in terms of computers.

We can debate that latter point but let me get back to the former point real quick. I don't like MS. I don't like Google either. And again I can qualify those reasons. However pragmatically when it comes down to when I need to search the web for something Google is rather good at doing that.

You can list other newer startup engines but I doubt you are getting the same level of search results you would if you were using Google.

And to be frank to all of you who are worried about your privacy. How many of you have Facebook accounts? (And now I'll watch this thread devolve...sorry.)

22-Google...0-Bing
Im thinking the people picking Bing 2-1 are ether employed by M$
or were hand picked or there just throwing a number out there.
i would guess the latter of the three is most likely.

You could be right... But despite privacy concerns, Google has long been held in an overwhelmingly positive regard here. Also, with the "clientele" we attract and retain here, I wouldn't consider us a representative sample of the greater internet at large. We certainly attract all kinds, but we attract far less of the average internet users.

I think their 2-1 is very hard to believe though. If its true though, it would support my belief that people around here are rather different than what you find most anywhere else on the internet.

Just took the test, google took 4 out of 5 results for me. The only one bing "won" was for the keyword overclock... Because we were the 4th result on the first page. The rest I didn't vote on based on if Overclockers.com was in the top 10.

Capture.PNG

If you search google for overclock, Overclockers.com, a site that has existed since 1998 and has overclock in its domain name, and on about every single page of the site... Is not in the top 20 pages of results.

Looks like the Google has blackballed us on the overclock keyword. Theres no figuring that out. :rolleyes:

I always compare results on any search engine against duckduckgo. If we rank well on duckduckgo, but not on another search engine, its usually because that search engine is penalizing us on a certain keyword for some reason. We're the 3rd result for overclock on duckduckgo, similar to where we are on bing.

4/5 Google
1/5 Draw

If you search google for overclock, Overclockers.com, a site that has existed since 1998 and has overclock in its domain name, and on about every single page of the site... Is not in the top 20 pages of results. Looks like the Google has blackballed us on the overclock keyword. Theres no figuring that out. :rolleyes:

Search for overclocker and front page is #1, forums are #2. The meta keywords and description might be problematic. Keywords contains only "overclocker", and NOT "overclock". In my experience, the tendency of search engines is to strip suffixes from the search terms, not from the potential result keywords.
Description word counts:
overclock: 1
overclocking: 1
overclocker(s): 4

Last edited:
You could be right... But despite privacy concerns, Google has long been held in an overwhelmingly positive regard here. Also, with the "clientele" we attract and retain here, I wouldn't consider us a representative sample of the greater internet at large. We certainly attract all kinds, but we attract far less of the average internet users.

I think their 2-1 is very hard to believe though. If its true though, it would support my belief that people around here are rather different than what you find most anywhere else on the internet.

yea thats true to people on this site tend to be a little more computer savvy,
maybe they should have out 2/1 non internet user's pick bing lol

Last edited:
Google wins 4-1. Our poll is probably a little biased as most of us are power-users. Not saying Google isn't still better though :D

Google 19 -1 at this point lol, i would guess M$ got there 2-1 results by having the Amish do the test(oh whats a google?)

I'm not seeing this as unbiased, more like an advertising ploy for Bing.

Of course it's a biased marketing scheme. Silly people who don't know any better will follow the lemmings that Microsoft claims exist, and therefore will be the lemmings, so Microsoft is technically being truthful :)

Google wins here as well.

For the latter two, Bing's side had nothing of relevance to the (rather specific) question at hand.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 53
To me it seems Bing changed to look more like google cuz I remember Bing didnt look like that when it first came out or it could be I never use them lol

yea i noticed that too DOM. looks like they tryed to make google results look like bing and vice versa using photo and multi link results for sites lol,to bad there over all results are so far off 90% of the time lol.

Yeah I'm use to seeing pics on Google when I put boobs it was Bing with pics every time

But I should of know better cuz they where blurred Google doesn't to that lmao

Back