• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Bing Vs Google Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Using the link in the first post, what were your results?

• Google

Votes: 74 93.7%
  • Bing

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I'm terrible and use Yahoo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I use to use google, and before that Profusion, which would search all search engines, but now I've leaned toward Bing as I like the interface with the daily image and how the images snap to grid when using that feature. No doubt that google is probably much better now that Bing forced them to improve, but I heard some bad things about google which has led me away from them. For all I know, Bing could be just as bad.

Google chrome is pretty nice, and I checked it out a couple times, but I'm sticking with Bing. Call me a Microsoft fanboy if you will.

I use to use google, and before that Profusion, which would search all search engines, but now I've leaned toward Bing as I like the interface with the daily image and how the images snap to grid when using that feature. No doubt that google is probably much better now that Bing forced them to improve, but I heard some bad things about google which has led me away from them. For all I know, Bing could be just as bad.

Google chrome is pretty nice, and I checked it out a couple times, but I'm sticking with Bing. Call me a Microsoft fanboy if you will.

Despite certain apparently-paid-for-by-Microsoft government agencies' efforts towards enforced handicapping of talent and efforts to make themselves reviled by Google, you can still set the omnibox in Chrome to use Bing or Yahoo! or any other provider available.

I see what is happening now.

Google. com never opens as it turns in to our .pk where as bing is .com for, I guess, the whole world. Google detects IP and adapts to it. Like Google. co. nz for New Zealand.

I wont vote as this is unfair. All tries open Bing.

I see what is happening now.

Google. com never opens as it turns in to our .pk where as bing is .com for, I guess, the whole world. Google detects IP and adapts to it. Like Google. co. nz for New Zealand.

I wont vote as this is unfair. All tries open Bing.

I wish we could click on avatars and hear sound effects ...lol

Just Google "bingiton" you must have a pop up blocker or something running.

even turning off my pop up blocker and and searching bingiton via google, or bing, i just get brought to the main bing page.
maybe its for americans only?

even turning off my pop up blocker and and searching bingiton via google, or bing, i just get brought to the main bing page.

hmm thats possible guess you could go to a site like proxify and try to open it through a usa proxy if its worth your trouble:)

13 to 1 Google so far really makes you wounder were Microsoft gets there 2/1 BING lol

Last edited:
Looks like the domain just immediately redirects to BING all of the time now...

Google. com never opens as it turns in to our .pk where as bing is .com for, I guess, the whole world. Google detects IP and adapts to it.

This is one thing that irritates me to no end about Google. Like others, (Microsoft particularly), they consider our IP range as part of the Philippines, although we're a US commonwealth. The only way to get business done with these inane and erroneous schemes is via a TOR proxy, which demonstrates their effectiveness at blocking "foreigners"...

Looks like the domain just immediately redirects to BING all of the time now...

This is one thing that irritates me to no end about Google. Like others, (Microsoft particularly), they consider our IP range as part of the Philippines, although we're a US commonwealth. The only way to get business done with these inane and erroneous schemes is via a TOR proxy, which demonstrates their effectiveness at blocking "foreigners"...
You can configure Google if you are logged in, if you haven't already: http://support.google.com/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=873

You guys know that Google just lost a patent lawsuit that encompasses this very subject? Vringo/Innovate Protect sued Google over it's 664 + 420 patents that are basically the building blocks for modern day search ranking.

Ken Lang was one of the founders for Lycos and the inventor of the patents. Google just lost (this week) to Vringo and has to pay $$$. The lawsuit was more geared towards ad sense, and the 90%+ revenue it brings in.

When Google added Ken Lang's technology into their search engine, it immediately upped their revenue by 20%. Just thought it was an interesting fact and that you guys might want to hear about it. They will soon go after Yahoo, Microsoft and possibly Facebook. They could be labelled as the ultimate patent trolls.

Google might try and create a work-around, but it is highly unlikely they will find something that beats Ken's click through methodology.

You can configure Google if you are logged in, if you haven't already: http://support.google.com/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=873

Actually, being logged in only ensures the language, not the location, as when I'm logged in it still redirects.

From the page you linked to, however, the best option seems to be to use http://www.google.com/ncr to ensure google.com VS google.ph. Thanks, Thidey. Although it's still a minor nuisance to use a bookmark vs autocomple, it's better than getting results targeted for a different country...

Yup, think so. Oh well, I seem to have Windows 8 Bing Edition anyway.

Back