• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Backing up ONLY progress of Steam games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eskimochaos

Is there anyway to backup solely the progress of games you have installed into your library? I'm not interested in saving local content.

Is there anyway to backup solely the progress of games you have installed into your library? I'm not interested in saving local content.

you could find the save files and back them up or if it is a game that supports cloud saving then it should do it automatically. just make sure you have it set to save in the cloud.

you could find the save files and back them up or if it is a game that supports cloud saving then it should do it automatically. just make sure you have it set to save in the cloud.

I know, that's always an option - it's just a PITA.

There unfortunately is no universal location were games on steam save to. Each game has its own stuff going on. To make progress backups you will need to look up each game, unless they support cloud synch. Even at that not all games will allow you to backup progress. Good luck.

Yup, the only way to do it sucks. I had to do it for about 30 games, most of the saves end up falling into a few locations:

My Documents and My games.

Local Disc > Users > "Username" > AppData(hidden) > local

Local Disc > Users > "Username" > Saved Games

Back