• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My loop parts are hot, should I be worried?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackDiamond

Hi all, I did install my third watercooling loop yesterday, and did notice that the parts I have turn pretty hot during use.

Partlist:
EKWB DCP 4.0 Pump n Res
EKWB FC-6990 Block
13/10 hose n compression fittings
Phobya G-Changer 120mm
Coolermaster SickleFlows x2, both at half speed.

I know the 120mm is quite small, but Im not overclocking my gpu at all. I did play 4 hours of bf3 and LoL yesterday and when I tested my block it was hot, rad was almost burning hot and water temp was bit over my body temp since it didnt feel that diffrent when tried with finger (did take some water to my res cap and tried it, im not dipping my fingers in my res xD )

So, should I be worried for my parts or just go with it?

Pics ?

Do you just have fans on the Rad ? Where is the Rad Inside or outside of the case ?

Mine gets warm but never hot to the touch when playing a game or when putting stress on it...

But how are the temps on the card ?

It's just the gpu on water ?

I got 2 1150rpm Gentle's pushing air in from front. The Rad is outside the case, with the both fans. GPU temps get as high as 60C in 100% usage, and processor with H100 (no fans at all, running passive) ~65C.

Only the GPU is cooled with the loop.

Anidees Ai6bs is a bad case for watercooling, thats why im running H100 passive. Cant fit fans in there :(

well temps are kind of high for water might want to get a bigger rad 240 should be fine since the cpu has the h100

Going to get Phobya Quad 480 to cool my 6990 and processor down. Should be more than enough when in push pull :D Just trying to figure out how to mount that big *** rad.

The 120 was a good experiment tho.

If it would be normal line shaped 4x 120mm then it would be cool, but its harder with the square shape..

Back