• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX warranty transfer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notJUSTguitar

Hi, I have an XFX Radeon HD 6970. I bought it 10 months ago off newegg and registered it when I received it.

Does anyone know for sure whether the warranty is transferable? I contacted XFX but have no idea how long it'll take for them to get back to me.

In my account, I see a "reg code", which I assume is what I would need to give to the other person so that they could register it.

Thanks

May I transfer the limited hardware warranty?

The limited hardware warranty for selected Graphics Cards may only be transferred to one owner after the original owner.*** The following Graphics Cards are eligible:

1. ALL XFX Radeon HD 6000, HD 5000, HD 4000 Series Graphics Cards

2. XFX GeForce GT 520, GT 430, 200, 9000, 8000, 7000, 6000 Series Graphics Cards purchased after April 17, 2007

Limited hardware warranties for Graphics Cards may be transferred if the new owner registers online at http://www.xfxforce.com/ within 90 days of the transfer using the same Registration ID as the original owner. This new owner registration process is a condition precedent to transferring the limited hardware warranty for Graphics Cards. The duration of the new owner’s limited hardware warranty will be limited to the duration of the original owner’s limited hardware warranty. If the original owner has a warranty for the duration of its life, the new owner’s life shall become the measuring life that determines the duration of the warranty.

*** The limited warranty for XFX Limited Edition graphics cards lasts for a period of two years and is non-transferable.

Back