• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just unlocked my first Cpu (amd 900 @1136)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falseprophet

I just unlocked my first Cpu (amd 900 @1156)

Pushing it a little further... I first went to 933mhz, then 1008, 1031, 1136 and now to 1156Mhz on a Volcano 6Cu+. The Unlock made it all possible and now the 100fsb cpu is running at 133. So now it matches the fsb of my board and is not bottle necking things. But what the heck, I am just going to be taking it out in 3 days and placing my new 1800+ Xp in its favored spot. Thanx to everyone that took the time to help me and educate me in this field of OVERCLOCKING . Tonight I drink to all of you:beer: :beer: :beer: especially you HOOT!!!

Last edited:
the xp is harder to unlock then the t-birds and durons. its has outs that have to be filled. are you planing on unlocking your xp right away?

I am going to see how far I can push it with out unlocking it and then decide from there. But if the multiplier starts to tick me off then we will operate on it. I will probably wait 2-4 weeks till I get tax refund back and buy another DDR 512MB pc2100 micron card and then play with the benchmarks to see what I want to do with it.. If you rember the A7N266-E MOBO requires 2 memory cards. to reach the 128 bit speed for the "Dual Channel DDR Mode" Do you have any advice on unlocking an XP? Is there any differences??

unlocking the athlon xp is a tedious process, i suggest you read a few guides before you even think about attempting it. And are you planning on upgrading to a new heatsink? because you wont find the volcano 6 a great overclocking heatsink when it comes to athlon xp speeds.

I just accidentaly locked it. DAM!!!!! Now it is locked at 9X and will not go higher than 115FSB... I will never use superglue to cover the unlock. It screwed it up. Is there anything that I can use to seal the sucessfull unlock? How about clear nail polish. and how do I get the superglue off the bridges so I can start over???:mad:

Last edited:
i think nail polish remover helps or you can be liked toms hardware and scrape it off lol, but um, how did the super glue mess it up? and you are talking about the xp, right?

I am talking about the 900 athelon. I think that the superglue thinned the deffoger kit lines that we had made on the L1 bridges. All I know is that is was sucessfully unlocked before the superglue had beed applied. and after it would not let me change the multiplier. Oh wells, I have the rest of the day to play with it.

Well if all else fails, clear it all off and resort to the old pencil trick or retry with the deffoger kit if necesary, that's really all i can say

I just ordered an CurcuitWriter pen online. It took forever to find. I don't know if the forums allow me to post the link. if anyone has a problem with it, let me know and it will be removed promptly. http://www.siliconacoustics.com/circuitwriter.html
Now keep in mind that I have only ordered it. I have not recieved it yet. if you order from them then you take your chances just like me. Hopefully it makes unlocking eaiser than trying to use the defogger kit.

O.K. :D I got it fixed. And it is now unlocked again. 8.5x and 135fsb 1156Mhz... Scraping the superglue with a new razor blade did not work. But the Acetone worked like a charm. Used defogger stuff again. my circuitwriter pen will not be here for a few days. Then I will have to play with that. I am sure that my CPU hates me:D :D :D LOL By the way, Do these figures look ok.:\Documents and Settings\Jason.C1734375-A\My Documents

Last edited:
Back