• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Put my system together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yaiie

Hey guys...

I put my computer together today (crossed my fingers) and hit the power switch... Nothing blew up! Seeing her light up made my day! I had my doubts about trying this but I'm glad I did... Thank you everyone who has taken the time to help me!!!

Upon booting up and the bios screen I decided to go out and pickup windows... Only copy they had was pro for 200 bucks!!! Is there anyway I can buy a digital copy and bring it over to my new rig (via USB?) or should I just order a physical cd from a vendor? No one seems to have the bare bones win8?

The optical drive... Does it matter if I have it plugged into the grey (high speed sata) or should it be in the black port? I plugged my ssd and optical in the first two grey ports.

Thank you!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Cpu temp... I did the thin line (as directed by manual) for arctic silver... All my fans are blowing and my idle (via bios) is at 32c... 30-50 is a "normal" idle?

once you pick up an OS you should be able to better judge the quality of your work. Once you get the OS settled go ahead and download cpu-z, hwmonitor, and if you plan to OC, prime95.

I think OP the first priority here would be to Download a Anti-Virus before anything else, maybe MSE would be a good idea!! Its free by Microsoft and it should protect your new PC from Viruses and Malware as well. AJ. :shrug: :thup:

Better to buy a real Anti-Virus proggy where each year you have to pay.

MSE will protect you as well as anything free out there. Or better yet pay for something that is a leader in finding viruses in Irans stuff etc. When is the last time MSE ever was on the forefront? LOL.

I use Kapersky.

Ajay................ "Life is like a box of free Anti-Virus software, you never know what you'r gonna get". Unless you read the label and the facts. Forrest was incapable of that, he was an idiot.

Last edited:
Hah, I had the same feeling when I first turned my build on (first hands on me actually building it-computer)

I'm happy everything worked out, no DOA parts.

I think OP the first priority here would be to Download a Anti-Virus before anything else, maybe MSE would be a good idea!! Its free by Microsoft and it should protect your new PC from Viruses and Malware as well. AJ. :shrug: :thup:

Good news! He is going with windows 8, so windows defender is MSE!

you can plug it into either sata port, I am guessing you are talking SATA2 and SATA3, if you have an extra SATA3 port you might as well plug it in there.

thanks guys! I installed windows today (that was a giant hassle to get in town... oih!!) but it was worth it. everything's installed and working awesome (except the gpu i'm using integrated graphics for the next few days.)

everything seems to be up and running well! in the bios the only thing I noticed off was the ram... It was set to 1333 but that was an easy fix.

The operating system went in nicely... One of the programs that came with the board "asmedia sata 3" was giving me issues. It was an optional download from asrock... Everytime I tried to install it i'd reset instantly and the pc would diagnose and recommend a restore point!

It took me 2/3 tries to figure out which download was doing it. I clicked the "install all" link... I had to go through the software one at a time... Then when I loaded sata download / crashed I knew which one it was... And had to reinstall everything again :p But I learned my lesson... I created a good restore point incase anything goes weird on me again.

If there's a weird install the pc auto reboots and asks for a restore point... It was annoying at first because I had no idea what was doing it but I feel a little better knowing if I download a bad driver or something she'll let me know!

For virus I went with Mcafee

Idle my temps are around 32C... I take great pride and joy listening to the hum of the fans! The lights... Being able to type this up right now! No more phone typing!

Last edited:
cool, now that its all built, except for the forthcoming gpu, you can go ahead and fill in your signature to let all the other users know what kind of stuff you are running. To enter a signature click on User CP at the top of the page, then on the left side of the screen click on Edit Signature under settings and options.

good job on your build, it sounds like you are enjoying it.

cool, now that its all built, except for the forthcoming gpu, you can go ahead and fill in your signature to let all the other users know what kind of stuff you are running. To enter a signature click on User CP at the top of the page, then on the left side of the screen click on Edit Signature under settings and options.

good job on your build, it sounds like you are enjoying it.

thank you!! thank you everyone!

Awesome! Good for you!

Back to the anti virus stuff. I load windoz, then update many times reboots etc then I install my anti-virus stuff. Then off to making sure I have all the latest drivers etc.

Be careful out there.

Back