• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need mobo help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Predje

Registered
Looking for some advice on mobos.
Will be building a pc for gaming and will be ocing both cpu and gpu.
CPU: 4670k, GPU msi r7970 lightning be
Will not be adding a 2nd gpu ever, will be adding a separate soundcard so sound quality doesnt matter.

Currently checking out the asus z87-pro (160) and msi g45 gaming (130).
Which one is better and are there better options around the same pricepoint

Any will do. I would go with the G45 gaming though since it is for a gaming PC. It has better onboard sound (may prevent you from buying separate?), and a better NIC for what little that is worth.

Both boards listed will easily handle an air and water overclock.

I've build the same PC for someone else with the G45 but when I was researching the mobo I stumbled upon multiple claims that said the board had loads of issues with broken ram/gpu slots and the support was horrendous when trying to RMA.

Just wanted to confirm if this has any credibility?

I only had one RMA experience with MSI and there were no issues. There are bad seeds in every lot, so, choose your poison. I am sure if you search for the ASUS board problems you will find some. THose that are happy do not post to say it. Those that are not, will.

I never used that board specifically but I did have to RMA 2 AMD Msi boards and had no issues doing so.

Will be going for the msi one then as I liked the look, thnx for the help

Back