• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Egg Loss Claim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psyko07

I ordered a new Samsung EVO 500GB SSD on 12/2/13 during a Cyber Monday sale along with 3 day shipping. New Egg shipped the SSD from the Memphis, TN warehouse and estimated the package would arrive Thursday but, unfortunately Thursday came and went. I went ahead and checked the UPS tracking number to see whats up and although New Egg says the package has been shipped UPS created a label 12/3/13 but has no record of the package at there facility...

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

I contacted New Egg last night 12/5 and used their "new" online chat tool. After waiting in queue for over an hour I finally got to speak with a customer service representative they had no idea what happened and all I was told is that they would check with the warehouse and email me with an update. After not receiving their email I decided to call New Egg around 4pm today they setup a lost package claim with UPS which can take anywhere from 3-10 business days and only after that will they send a replacement SSD. I was amazed they couldn't send something out faster. :bang head

Anyone have any ideas...

Update:
I checked the tracking number for giggles and there was an origin scan :shock: SSD should be here in a couple days.

12/09/2013 04:59:00 ARRIVAL SCAN MESQUITE, TX, US
12/08/2013 20:15:00 DEPARTURE SCAN MEMPHIS, TN, US
12/08/2013 09:34:00 ORIGIN SCAN MEMPHIS, TN, US
12/03/2013 00:02:16 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]

Last edited:
Wow that's definitely an unusual case. If ups had label created though they should know if it's been picked up and/or where it was last. The last ups package that was lost for me was resent without delay.

I don't think NewEgg is being entirely honest with you, Psyko07. When they prepare a shipping label the tracking number is sent to UPS electronically...but the package cannot be tracked until it is picked up and scanned into the UPS system by the driver. This is standard procedure for UPS and FedEx.

If you check the tracking status and all you see is Billing Information Received or Order Processed: Ready for UPS this means merely that a shipping label has been created but the package has not been pickup up by UPS. You will always see an Origin/Pickup scan in the tracking status. While I won't say it is impossible that the driver picked up the package but didn't scan it, the smart money would be on the package never having been picked up by UPS in the first place. It's far more likely that your items are still sitting in a NewEgg warehouse.

Oh, and I am not sure what NewEgg thinks filing a claim with UPS is going to accomplish if there is no record of a pickup.

Oh, and I am not sure what NewEgg thinks filing a claim with UPS is going to accomplish if there is no record of a pickup.

That's my thinking too I'm not sure what to do at this point. :rain:

Just dispute the transaction with your bank, you will get your money back, and buy it from someone else. Problem solved.

That's my thinking too I'm not sure what to do at this point. :rain:

UPS is acting as NewEgg's agent in this transaction. Even if UPS lost the package that is an issue between NewEgg and UPS, not UPS and you. Forcing you wait until they resolve a claim with UPS is inappropriate, and it gives you grounds to dispute the charge. Shipping carrier claims can take months to resolve. This happened to me once and I had no problem having a vendor charged back when they tried to pull this sort of nonsense.

I would point this out to NewEgg (good luck with getting someone from customer service on the phone). Ask them to ship a replacement immediately and give them an ultimatum that if they refuse then you will dispute the charge with your CC issuer. Vendors don't like CC chargebacks and will do what they can to avoid them. If you have NewEgg charged back it will mean you won't be able to order from them again because they will likely suspend your account, but I suspect that isn't a consideration for you.

picture.php

Drive showed up!!! Although I may think twice before ordering from New Egg again... :D

Varies, I know I have things I myself that are arriving slow atm from them.

In between the holidays and I know FedEx had a thing about those storm causing delays, things are bogged down a bit I'm sure.

The EGG has surprised me a few times in the past how fast things arrived actually *shrug*

Same boat here.....Chat with Egg's agent on Mon-Dec-09 with no real results.
Ordered a 256GB Toshiba Q SSD on Dec 02
Anything that Egg handed to FedEx .....sucks.
Still waiting and it looks like it has started moving this morning.

2vueasz.jpg

I would point this out to NewEgg (good luck with getting someone from customer service on the phone). Ask them to ship a replacement immediately and give them an ultimatum that if they refuse then you will dispute the charge with your CC issuer. Vendors don't like CC chargebacks and will do what they can to avoid them. If you have NewEgg charged back it will mean you won't be able to order from them again because they will likely suspend your account, but I suspect that isn't a consideration for you.

The only issue with that is NewEgg will "blacklist" your account with them, and I'm sure would also be unable to use that CC again as payment.

I'm glad you got your drive in though Psyko!

Same boat here.....Chat with Egg's agent on Mon-Dec-09 with no real results.
Ordered a 256GB Toshiba Q SSD on Dec 02
Anything that Egg handed to FedEx .....sucks.
Still waiting and it looks like it has started moving this morning.
New Egg customer service is a joke when my package was lost in limbo their solution was for me to purchase another SSD (free second day shipping with this one though -_-) and then once the claim process was completed I would be refunded the purchase price of the original SSD. I so glad I didn't fall for that :censored:...

I'm glad you got your drive in though Psyko!
Me too...

I'm sorry to hear that other people are having issues with New Egg. It seems odd that packages sent to both UPS and FedEx were delayed I wonder if this is an internal issue at New Egg's warehouse. My SSD came from the Tennessee warehouse and at the time of ordering there were no winter storms in sight.

We HAVE had ice storms the past week or so here (2hours from Memphis, and Memphis got hit before we did), so realistically something could have happened.

The only issue with that is NewEgg will "blacklist" your account with them.

So? I'm disputing a $714 credit card payment with them, owed to me from a refund I have been waiting almost 3 weeks for since the Egg received my return.

They acted like it was a privilege for me to buy stuff from them when it really is the other way around. Until now I have been a loyal NewEgg customer for about 10 years, but I really don't give a damn about being able to buy from them. Customer service is very important to me, and NewEgg has increasingly had issues with that in recent years. There are plenty of other places with better customer service to shop for computer hardware.

Last edited:
So? I'm disputing a $714 credit card payment with them, owed to me from a refund I have been waiting almost 3 weeks for since the Egg received my return.

They acted like it was a privilege for me to buy stuff from them when it really is the other way around. Until now I have been a loyal NewEgg customer for about 10 years, but I really don't give a damn about being able to buy from them. Customer service is very important to me, and NewEgg has increasingly had issues with that in recent years. There are plenty of other places with better customer service to shop for computer hardware.

I've switched to Amazon for about 90% of my computer purchases. Tend to have better prices anyway.

Working for UPS customer service I can tell you the status of your first shipment is a grey area. As stated above UPS can't really work a claim for something not showing a pickup scan so it falls back to the shipper, this is where the grey area starts. The shipper usually says "We shipped it" while UPS says "We don't have it" and it becomes a he said/she said moment until someone (usually the shipper) finds it wasn't shipped or was left on the dock. Since one showed up at your house I would assume this is what happen here. Not really newegg's fault and not totally UPS's fault because...a grey area. The problem for the end-user is that a company doesn't want to ship another just in case the first one shows up somewhere because then they shipped two for the price of one.

Shipments without a pickup or origin scan are the worst concerns to deal with. Glad to see one at least showed up though.

Shipments without a pickup or origin scan are the worst concerns to deal with.

I have to believe that this is an extremely rare occurrence. In cases where this happens and the package is eventually delivered does the tracking information eventually show up in the system?

Actually I think due to it being the holidays they're a little slow. I ordered a headset and g500s mouse on that week as well and I have shoprunner so I figured it would take 3 days maximum to get my package. Well, Newegg didn't ship them out till almost 5 days later and it UPS took almost 4 days (on two day air shipping) to deliver. It's normal for the holidays, you're not the only person who's had to wait almost 2 weeks for their package due to Newegg being busy nor unfortunately, will you be the last.

I ordered a majority of my build in Late October/early November and it was shipped same business day and UPS actually got lucky and delivered it the next day on 2nd day air shipping. It's because it's the holidays and you ordered it during black Friday rush.

Last edited:
Back