• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Egg Loss Claim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have to believe that this is an extremely rare occurrence. In cases where this happens and the package is eventually delivered does the tracking information eventually show up in the system?
Yes and no. If it gets a physical Origin scan at the first UPS location the tracking will start. If not then no. The Origin scan is what initiates the tracking if the pickup scan is not completed. For reference the local center here has a goal of 1 out of every 125 packages on missing Origin Scans.

It actually happens more than you would think and it isn't always that the driver doesn't scan it because 95% of all large customers the driver never scans the packages at pickup. They have a shipping system to process the packages that runs an "End of Day" that is linked to all the packages processed that day. The driver scans that End of Day that gives each pack linked to it a pickup scan. What happens is the company sometimes runs two End of Day reports and forgets to give the driver the scan code which causes them to miss their Pickup Scan. At large companies like Newegg they have multiple shipping computers that cause this problem quite common. Also large companies like this usually have one of our trailers parked at their location they load directly into which can cause a whole other list of problems.

Actually I think due to it being the holidays they're a little slow.

I can understand a couple of days to ship something out, but they didn't even honor two-day shipping, in my case. Sent it ground from NJ. So now I have a gift for someone that will be here on the 27th...

The live-chat I did ended with the guy saying it was on UPS. Contacted UPS, and around we go...

Back