• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st time WC Needs some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SimenGH

Registered
Hey!

So, I'm new to watercooling, but decided to put together a custom loop, which hopefully works, only thing is i would love if someone could check out all the parts fit together.
Link for the parts: http://www.digitalimpuls.no/Handlevogn.aspx
PLEASE TELL ME IF THAT LINK DOES NOT WORK!

Parts just written down (if that is easier):

EK-CoolStream RAD XTC 280 (2x140mm) G1/4¨ (RADIATOR)
EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ G1/4¨ (CPU BLOCK)
EK-BAY DCP 2.2 Combo Reservoir - Acetal G1/4¨ (PUMP/RES COMBO)
EK-CSQ Fitting 10/16mm G1/4 - Nickel (COMPRESSION FITTINGS)
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Brilliant UV Blue 9,5 mm (3/8") / 15,9 mm (5/8") (TUBING)
Mayhems 5 Ltr Ultra Pure H20 (DISTILLED WATER?)

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :p

it is custom to point beginners to the stickies on watercooling... so, hereby go read the stickies.

Stickies not withstanding, for a CPU only that partlist is fine.. except:

What fans are you going to use on that radiator? There are not a lot of GOOD 140mm radiator fans around, so its kinda important.
There are however LOTS of good 120mm radiator fans around.

5 Liters of Mayhem... unless it comes for free (with free shipping) i would leave it where it is. You can buy distilled water (for less) at the local supermarket. :)

And add a Silver Kill coil/bullet to the reservoir.
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30...ling-Coolant_Additives-Pure_Silver-Page1.html

Also check http://www.aquatuning.no/

Thanks for the advice man, wanna try and get all parts from norway though, but if its under 25$ ill buy from USA so toll isn't a problem :)
Im gonna use the 140mm AF Corsair Blue LED fans, since i already have them in the case, and i know they may not be the best, but as for now, thats what im going with, and if i'm gonna use any other 140mm's they have to have blue LED's ;)

Im gonna leave the water yeah.

EDIT: Haha, kill coils cost nothing, didn't even realize.
Also, auqatuning.no is a german manufacturer, so ill have to pay toll.

2nd EDIT: I also went with 2x140mm because i want this case to be silent.

Last edited:
In our watercooling stickies we have a list of the retailers and etailers around the globe. It hasn't been updated but should give you a great start once you read the basics to watercooling and understand what your goal is etc.

I will read them, but since i am from norway i want parts from Norwegian retailers cause of toll, which i don't have the money for paying :/
Thanks for all replies.

Btw, should i go for 2x120mm or 2x140mm rad? I want the most silent case possible, and i ain't gonna overclock

Thanks guys! What do you think, 240 or 280 mm rad? I have a phantom 410 and im gonna Mount the rad in top of the cabinet, while the res is going into 2x5.25" bays in front.
Give me your opinions!

Thanks guys! What do you think, 240 or 280 mm rad? I have a phantom 410 and im gonna Mount the rad in top of the cabinet, while the res is going into 2x5.25" bays in front.
Give me your opinions!

I would prefer 240mm because there're not many good 140mm fan out there but plenty of good 120mm fan for radiator.

Whatever you do, make sure the radiator fits in your case. Do a little Google search. Should find your answer in no time.

Back