• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My P3 is getting slower and slower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I was crunching 3 WUs like every 22 hours,know it does 2 in the same time,what can I do to speed this up until my Soltek gets here to replace it:)
thanks

is it the 933 under ur sig? if so, 22hr/wu?? it is SLOW!! i bet it's running a GUI version, isn't it?

if so, switch it to CLC version. it should get a wu down 'bout 6-7hrs.

instruction HERE

good luck!

No im running the CLC version,but it is getting SSSSSSLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW:rolleyes:

Hmm, I run 7's with my P3-733.
You should be "kicking my behind" with a 933.

Check your CPU heatsink and fan. As the Intel CPU heats up, it can "throttle down" its speed to survive.

If you have AV software running, that will take a huge chunk of CPU cycles. Turn that off, or disable it.

Turn off any power saving settings in your bios if they are enabled. You can power down the monitor, or blank the screen.
Don't power down the CPU, or anything MB related.

Turn off any screensaver in Windows, set it to none.

These are just basic starting points to allow more CPU cycles to be given to S@H. I think it may be heat related.

I'm using a PIII850E and it's doing 7.25 h/WU.

Have you checked that your swap file is moved to the start of the HD? You can do that with Norton Speed Disk.

Also, you should check if you don't have the HDD turn-off feature into the power saving features.

I may have found the problem,I opened up the case and the hard drive was REAL hot,I think it has failed.
I put a cooler on it and it is still real real slow,so I will try replacing the HDD and see what happens:rolleyes:

Back