• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H2O Power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks. it is running quite well. The PS release lots of heat. It is about 40C at the base of the heatsink. At the contact between heatsink and my copper pipe it is at 32C. In air mode the heatsink temp is about 45C. My ambient is 27C now.

looks also good :)

enermax4small.jpg

the whole Story here

Wow that's pretty neat! but what's scary if the block isn't very sucessful, and the PSU fails while running it will take down things with it the mobo as a start! :/

But on the other hand again, awsome :p

Rio71.. thanks I read that article before starting this project.

G33k.. very nice work also mate ;) Mine is a little different see below

My journey to it is rather painfull.
Start from here
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=75091

This time I don't remove any components from the PSU. All I did was drill a coulple holes for my pipe to go thru. The copper pipe were flatten by a vise and arctic adhesive glue to the heatsink for maximum heat transfer. The copper coil in the nylon U shape is to keep the U shape nice and round for better water flow. The whole process take about an hour to do.

PS: I'm on to the second PSU now ;) Mass production anyone :)

Yodums and cooler66 ;) doesn't water leak anywhere in a watercool system would damage the whole system?

btw, the pics were taken upside down as the PSU would have been mounted in the case. If water leaks there it would leak down to the mobo and graphic card rather than leak to the PSU board.

I don't recommend you to do the same as it is dangerous as many have said.

PS: don't you want to involve in dangerous tasks hehe that is what fun is

Last edited:
GTA : The hottest component (it isn't water-cooled because I would have to have moved it) in there gets up to about 50 degrees with the case on. It gets pretty hot :) I should really take the time to drill a load of holes in the top to let it out - shame I'm so lazy ;)

I want to get a new PSU - an enermax or something and I'll do a better job of it when I do.

G33K, which component are you referring to. If you are talking about those transistors. They are rated at 125C highest on my PSU, so no need to worry. My transistors also could get as hot as 50C but regularly it is only about 40-45C. The hottest point in the heatsink is still roughly 45C most of the time which is fine as an air cool PS is at least 5C higher.

overdose: nice mod, however watch out for a large fro hit, also i would make the U bend copper not tubes because there are other heat sources in the PSU that could melt it.

Rio71: that psu will not perform as well as the original item because of the increased resistance, but it looks good.

Thanks. That is the first version and I'm in the process to replace all vinyl tube with sillicon hose rated at 500F that I think should be safe enough. btw. I have positive pressure in my case that some air still exit thru the PS original fan hole. Even with no water flow that PS should be safe

Back