• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

post your temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevmarks

ok, lets try and answer the "are these temps normal" question once and for all. Post your temps! Don't worry about the details If all goes well I will construct a excel histogram from all the results. Doesn't matter if you think your temps are to high. I will work out the mean average temp after 10 or 20 posts for each chip speed. Just post your average surfing the net and few other apps temps. Don't forget to post your chip model and Mhz. The final analysis will produce three histograms with MHz on x, and heat (Celsius) on y. for T-Bird, XP and P4. We will look at Duron later.

ok, here is the post format using my temps.

Model: T-Bird
Temp: 57c
Mhz: 1530

I am afraid H20 people are excluded. We are only interested in air cooled PC's. Maybe somebody could run something simular for you aqua guys?

Remember, the more posts we get, the more accurate our real world temperature graph will become.

Your temperature seem way too high bro!

CPU: Athlon XP 1800+ AGKGA 1.53gig
Watts at default: 66.0
Stock vcore: 1.75v

Overclocked to:

1577 - 166x9.5
Overclocked Wattage: 72.0
Vcore: 1.8v

Temperatures:
Ambient: 20-22degrees.
42 Load - Prime Torture Testing After 1 hour.

Edit:

You can use this to get the watt output of your chip stock and overclocked, and you can find your C/W etc.

http://www.benchtest.com/calc.html

I got this from DaveB./

Thanks, but that is way to much information :) We only need, temp, CPU model and Mhz.

temps dont do didly

you need speed oc watts like yodums said, but you should also need to know what heatsink and fan you have

rite now i have svc golden gate 40 with a (about) 25cfm 80mm fan adapted to it

1700+(rite now stock speed till i make my new waterblock) at 45c full load

with my watercooling its 9c warmer than the water at idle and 11c warmer than the water at load

Athlon Xp 1600+@ 1472 mhz and 40*c

post or wright a review i want to see it:cool:

not really, nobodys temp will make it in to the final results. The mean should eat up stuff like that. there will be people posting great temps, and people posting horrible temps (like me :) )
The average should come out about right. Obviously this is not going to be scientificly accurate, however, it should serve as a good off-the-wall refence for temps

XP 2000
1.75v
43c load (gaming)
38c idle

MOBO
29c

OCZ Gladiator copper w/Delta 38 screamer

1.jpg

I've been surfing for about a hour now, also editing photo's in PSP7 (converting a bunch from bmp to jpg). And you can see from the image, I have a second case fan that is turned off right now (only turn it on when running games)

See my sig below...

here's another with the mobo fan running for a half hour, and newly discovered gui options in mbm5 :)

2.jpg

Last edited:
Your realize of course that the temperatures posted will be useless themselves. Even when doing a completely un-scientific study such as this, you need to compare the *difference* between ambient and cpu temp, not just cpu temp.

Unless of course you could care less about how well the cooling is working and only care about absolute temperature. In that case, ignore my comments.

Aesik said:
Your realize of course that the temperatures posted will be useless themselves. Even when doing a completely un-scientific study such as this, you need to compare the *difference* between ambient and cpu temp, not just cpu temp.

Unless of course you could care less about how well the cooling is working and only care about absolute temperature. In that case, ignore my comments.

Well, the URL I gave has the option to calculate the C/W of your heatsink. And to answer your question:

0.27c/w

yup, we don't care what exotic cooling system people have. We are interested in the raw temps. I have a feeling I will be saying this over and over again for the next few weeks that this project runs. But I will say it again

WE WILL BE WORKING WITH THE AVERAGE TEMPS!

Nobodies temp will be making it in to the final results. It will be a histogram of AVERAGE temps for the particular speed of processor. Nothing more and nothing less.

If you want I can be putting all of this information into an MS Access Database, from there I can make tons of different reports and we could really get some hard data out of this. PM me if you are interested. I would really like to help with this project.

My average temps surfing the net are around 32-33c.
I'm also attaching my temp screenshot after running Prime95's torture test for a couple of hours.
see sig for specs.

it takes you 2volts to get 1.6ghz? wow, i can do that stock voltage on my AGKGA

but wow those are some nice temps!!!

another edit,
your cpu at that generates like 96 watts, at default voltage its like 69watts...

Back