• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voodoo 3 adapter to RCA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wa11y

Senior Thread Hijacker
Anyone know where to get the adapter from the port on the Voodoo 3 to go to RCA? My sister lost hers, and the adapter that came with my Radeon won't work. Is it something proprietary that 3DFX did, or is it a common thing that can be picked up from Radio Shack?

acctually its something different ATI did. Their s-video connectors have like 7-8 pins, while a standard svideo has only 4. I have both and know exactly what you're talking about. Make sure the one you buy has 4 pins + one plastic pin on the svideo side. Good Luck!

xl said:
acctually its something different ATI did. Their s-video connectors have like 7-8 pins, while a standard svideo has only 4. I have both and know exactly what you're talking about. Make sure the one you buy has 4 pins + one plastic pin on the svideo side. Good Luck!

So I can just get a 4-pin S-video to RCA adapter for her? That's what I thought it was, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the info.

Captain Slug said:

Is it actually called a "dongle"? That's what I used to call them, but when I looked it up at Mirriam-Webster, they didn't have an entry, and Google just had some info about a program applet. But I thought they were called dongles too.

I'm probably just going to Soundtrack or Best Buy or Radio Shack for an S-video to RCA adapter. But thanks for that link, Capt. Slug. No sense in paying shipping for something I can get locally.

Back