• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for H20 Hoses!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

I'm searching for a better alternative to Danger Deb for the same silicon Hoses. Anyone know of a place? I once saw a link to McCmaster Carr. If someone has the link saved please send it.
Thanks

www.mcmaster.com I haven't looked to see how their prices stack up though.

*edit* Whoa...DD is $2.00/ft, McMaster-Carr is $2.84/ft for the same dimension. They're thinner walled stuff may be cheaper than DDen's 1/8" but I wouldn't recommend the 1/16" wall stuff.

Last edited:
Home depot does NOT sell Tygon. You can probably buy Silicone there, and I know they have Vinyl, but who wants Vinyl anyhow?? :D

Before you go all gun-ho on Tygon. It's not perfect. If you search the procooling forums you'll see there's alot more information on it. Much of it contradicts the original posting. The original poster made alot of suppositions based upon using it for about 2 hours.

Tygon is nice, but it's not really better the silicone. They're both very smooth interior walls and depending on what version of each, they have good turn radiuses. Tygon has higher-end stuff with very tight turn radiuses but that's about $10/ft at mcmaster and $8 at usplastics.

Tygon is also a very hard material to bend. It's by no means "supple". If you don't mind having a lot of connectors and "L" and "U" joints in your system, it's perfect. Other than that, I'd stick with silicone, or vinyl, and change the hoses every year or so. On the bright side, it is however hypo-alergenic...:rolleyes:

There's Tygon (formula R-1000) which is much softer then the R-3603 which most people have. I think I saw dangerden or somebody with it. It bends much easier, but it has low ratings for pressure. Still well within what watercoolers see though.

Silicone definitely bends better then the R-3603.

Back