• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI is flying.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hallen

Connected this am and wu download status bar is moving right along. One minute 45 seconds to download on a 56k dial up.

Harvey

lonewolf1983 said:
happy memorial day whatever that is
:)

Dunno if lonewolf was kidding or not but to reply to ANYONE who may not know what Memorial Day is, it is a day that US citizens take off of school, work, etc... to honor America's fallen soldiers of all of our wars, Revolutionary War through to the Desert Storm conflict and even our current war. The concept was started back in 1866 and became an official holiday in 1971. We have many parades and memorial ceremonies on this day to commemorate those who fell before us to preserve our freedom and democracy. I just marched in our parade with the band and played taps at the Memorial Day ceremony shortly afterward.

Happy Memorial Day and many high-angle WU's to all!

jazztrumpet216 said:

Dunno if lonewolf was kidding or not but to reply to ANYONE who may not know what Memorial Day is, it is a day that US citizens take off of school, work, etc... to honor America's fallen soldiers of all of our wars, Revolutionary War through to the Desert Storm conflict and even our current war. The concept was started back in 1866 and became an official holiday in 1971. We have many parades and memorial ceremonies on this day to commemorate those who fell before us to preserve our freedom and democracy. I just marched in our parade with the band and played taps at the Memorial Day ceremony shortly afterward.

Happy Memorial Day and many high-angle WU's to all!

I kind of figured the purpose of Memorial Day as Memorial is the main word. Do you guys have Rememberance Day in US? November 11th, on the 11th hour, and 11th second hand, and 11th second, is when Canada takes a moment of silence to remember the soldiers etc.

Yodums

We do but it's not widely recognized and it's not a Government holiday. We have two holidays for this kind of purpose; Memorial Day and Veterans Day... Memorial Day honors the fallen veterans or ones who have since died and Veterans Day which honors those who are still alive.

Yodums said:

I kind of figured the purpose of Memorial Day as Memorial is the main word. Do you guys have Rememberance Day in US? November 11th, on the 11th hour, and 11th second hand, and 11th second, is when Canada takes a moment of silence to remember the soldiers etc.

Yodums
I don't think we do, but that sounds like a really cool idea!

Right now, I'm downloading WUs at a blistering 7.0K/s! Something must have happened cuz I never connect at faster than 2K to SETI normaly!

Hold on.... As soon as I said it, it dropped down to 3K... suck... Well, at least the first 60% of my first WU downloaded fast!

JigPu

Back