• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tualatin P3 vs celeron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
I have not been able to keep up with those two cpus! I know many have been keeping up with them. So would some one plz tell me the difference between the two besides the FSB speeds. Also any guessing on how much diff. it would make to have the server p3 with 512kb vs the 256kb non sever version.

as the two here show big differences mainly being the FSB but the 1.6 cele does not show that big improvement over the p3 1.2.
Even though in some tests the Vid is the bottle neck not the cpu.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips716/

any one with either cpu plz post benchmarking results if you have them plz

* a note - Q3 on my p3-700@933 GF3 at 1024x768 max everything i get 100fps <--is avg. after running demo01 4 times

the difference between 512 and 256 cache is 5-10%, but eh fsb difference is what matter, with good quality components a PIII tualatin can hit 170-180 fsb at this point, its a powerhouse....it can outperform DDR athlons and P4 Williamettes up to most any speeds......

the celeron can compete with Durons and Athlons with SDR and Williamettes up 1.8GHZ(DDR/RDRAM)......of course this only when oced to the max :)

funnyperson1 said:
the difference between 512 and 256 cache is 5-10%, but eh fsb difference is what matter, with good quality components a PIII tualatin can hit 170-180 fsb at this point, its a powerhouse....it can outperform DDR athlons and P4 Williamettes up to most any speeds......

the celeron can compete with Durons and Athlons with SDR and Williamettes up 1.8GHZ(DDR/RDRAM)......of course this only when oced to the max :)

Ditto Smart Guy :D

The P3 will achieve high FSBs, they respond much quicker because they do more IPC (Instruction Per Cycle) than the P4 and Celeron..

P3 Tually has 0 for cache latency and Celeron Tually has 1 for cache latency... does it matter?? Only Intel knows.

P3s also cost up to $70 more than a Celeron... hahaha... but id kill for a Tualatin 1.53 when it comes out... P3 for life... hahaha.

Back