• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

for all you looking at 8500le's...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Chambers

well its official i think - i'm SOL.. for some reason my LE is dvi-d, that connector CAN NOT support an analog signal.. only digital. i was mislead when reasearching this card (on sites, from friends, on different forums.. these forums, etc etc) that i COULD have crt+crt on this card.. this is not the case unfortunately.. only the cards with dvi-i connector, which appears is slightly different from my dvi-d.. see here for a pics of the dvi-d and the dvi-i, the one that i have and cannot use analog montiors is the first one.. even with an adapter:

http://www.iiyama.com/support2/faq.html

i hope this clears up the confusion on this once and for all.. i know a few people who have been mislead into thinking all 8500s are capable of dual crts, if not out of the box, with an adapter.. but this just isnt the case.. thx for the adapter anyways mospeadas, did you want it back?

perhaps a mod could shorten this or something? make a sticky to let the word out.. unless i'm the only idiot who has had this misconception. i just wanted more people to know so they dont plop down 100 bucks for this card thinking it will do crt+crt.. cause it wont, sadly

Back