• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Inline or res?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H8Edge

Registered
I see alot of people are switching to inline.. I received an inline pump by accident from a company I ordered some stuff from..
What's the main reason people are using Inline's? To reduce the heat of the pump in the res? Now that I have one Im wondering If I should try it out ..

I did it because I didn't want to figure out how to put another large buly thing in my computer. I think it's all around better, the only drawback I know of is it's harder to fill...but that can be done using a 5 gallon bucket for a res while your filling then capping it off.

H8Edge said:
What's the main reason people are using Inline's? To reduce the heat of the pump in the res?

That's the most common reason. But if you want it easier to fill and bleed, you might consider an air trap. It's a good compromise between having a large enough res to put a pump in or not and it seems to be popular also.

Here is a good thread on building one.

Edit - added link.

Last edited:
I guess thats what the other thing that came with it was.. an airtrap.. It looks like a Y piece but the one end has a close valve on it.. I guess since I have the parts here I might as well use them..

there is one other benifit to having a large res if you decide you want to use a mini fridge you can keep the res inside to store or transfer the heat more efficently . i know this isnt very clear but i fried my brain after the japanese translation thing lol

Back