• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On Die Temp from Intel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All of them (at least from the pentium line, I think)...that doens't mean that your mobo reads it, though.

Thelemac said:
All of them (at least from the pentium line, I think)...that doens't mean that your mobo reads it, though.
No kiddin? I vaguely thought it was from the P3 line, but wasn't sure. If its been so long, how come no mb manufacturer hasn't come out with a method to read it instead of building those pigtails onto the board?

And is there any way to read the on die temp probe? You know, some kind of solder hack to the bottom of the board or something?

I thought that all the chips supported it; it is really finding a mobo that uses it is the problem... I could be way off base though.

Whats wracking my brain right now is if the Intel chips from the start of the Pentium have a on die temp probe, why hasn't any mobo manufacturer made it possible to read it until recently? Why bother with those tailed temp probes if the cpu already has one built in?:confused:

Back