• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 day of rendering...FINAL PIC!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Really awesome work guys! I haven't had time to play with maya lately. I really should get back into it. If you're looking for tips and tricks, there's a forum here. You can also submit your work to be put in the gallery on the site. Who knows, maybe some of you will end up being famous...

is Bryce easier to learn than Maya?

i have Maya but dont know how to use it:)

-Malakai

Mick said:
on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the easiest bryce is 2 and maya is 10

wow thanks!
isnt maya like the best one or something?

and another favor, wanna link me to the Bryce trial?

edit: DOH it was up a few posts i got it

-Malakai

Last edited:
Mick said:
on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the easiest bryce is 2 and maya is 10

I don’t think I would rate MAYA as a 10. I think 3DS Max 4 and Lightwave are a little harder to use. Perhaps a 7 or 8 is better in my opinion. Bryce is definitely a 1 though.

wow, i can actually understand how to use Bryce, its not too difficult. I could not figure out Maya at all.

im gonna keep playing with this over the next few days, if i can do something cool ill post it:)

-Malakai

Malakai said:
wow, i can actually understand how to use Bryce, its not too difficult. I could not figure out Maya at all.

im gonna keep playing with this over the next few days, if i can do something cool ill post it:)

-Malakai

Yup! Bryce is extremely easy to use. But an easy interface doesn’t make talent. As I have found out. Lol.

Mick said:
Hey captain s whats the program you use for your characters?

I don't have 3DS max and Actor X yet which would allow me to make models beyond 7000 polys but for making 3D characters for games I highly prefer MilkShape 3d (by Chubalumsoft). It's texture assigning and tools are great for making minute details.
If you search for.
It was only 20 dollars but it's so much faster than 3DS when it comes to scratch building. That, and it was only $20 :D

Here's a liquid oxygen wallpaper I made for my brother...

h2object_sm.jpg

Last edited:
you can do that liquid oxygen thing on bryce with the metaballs ;)

Also....my rendering is almost (ugg) done....sofar the render time has been 9 hours....man....2 more hours about then AA....that is going to be even longer!!

But I'll post it when I'm all done...But it isn't done YET...I still have to add the background islands...but I'll post before I do that :D

Spec

Keep them coming Spec. I’m really starting to enjoy this thread now that I can see how you guys are building all of these things.

well you want more...HERE COMES SOME MORE!! lol....here is that rendering that I told you about....final time=10 hours and 32 mins...everything was on Very fine Detail with 256 light rays per pixel...if I had everything maxed it would take 26 hours...ug...I'm not waiting that long AGAIN! :D

Well here it is and remember it isn't done YET ;)

Spec

Thank you wh469 for the funny Icon....remember

VOTE SPEC FOR MOD OF 3d ART!!! lol...provided we get it...I HOPE WE DO!!!!!!!!!! :D....all bow down to skip!!!

Spec

Spec_Ops2087 said:
well you want more...HERE COMES SOME MORE!! lol....here is that rendering that I told you about....final time=10 hours and 32 mins...everything was on Very fine Detail with 256 light rays per pixel...if I had everything maxed it would take 26 hours...ug...I'm not waiting that long AGAIN! :D

Spec

VOTE SPEC FOR MOD OF 3d ART!!! lol...provided we get it...I HOPE WE DO!!!!!!!!!! :D....all bow down to skip!!!

Spec

hey man, thats awesome!

can u send me a 1280x1024 version?

-Malakai

Spec_Ops2087 said:

Spec

Spec

All hale SKIP! ;)

That’s awesome Spec; it looks a lot like something you might find in an age of Myst. Very nice textures on the mountains and beaches. :clap:

Great work people! Can someone tell me how to make beaches that are realistic? The best I've been able to do is a large rectangle with the desert material.

-wh469

Edit: Can someone also point out a site that has some good bryce tutorials?

Last edited:
can u send me a 1280x1024 version?

That is what you want...that is what you GOT!!!! :D It is attached at the bottem

Also...thank you for the comments....I think I can make this better...I'm adding some mountains in the background to make it seems more real.

Also to get those sweet looking beaches there is a pre made scheme in the mountains and terrain...it is called Whole mountain...it dosen't look like it has a beach but it does...also to make it look like a beach you have to get the attributes or the bottom of the mountain and the water almost the same...put the water at the way bottom and eye it matching it up witht he bottom of the mountain...then keep checking the preview window to see how it looks...I would suggest moving the attribute "y" up or down depending instead of moving your mouse sicne your mouse isn't as percise as the attribute menu is...then when you go it perfect render that sucker out!!!

Hope that helps!!

Spec

well I got it all done...now the rendering process...it said tha tit would be like 2 days to render =\...So I guess I'll post it when it is done if it EVER finishes :)

Spec

man thats incredible work i sure youll go far with that kinda talent

Here is two more pics for you all. Also, another cool thing we could do for the club Spec is have a library of stuff to import.

-wh469

well here it sort of is....I'm going to be changing it a lil but this is what it will ruffly(typo?!) look like... some comments would be appreciated :D thanx and enjoy!!

Spec

Back