• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 day of rendering...FINAL PIC!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
personally...I think 3ds is very hard and requires some kind of learning lesson....weather it be book or a real lesson...could never really undertand it but I;m trying :D

Also great job everyone....glad this thread is producing a lot of renderings!!

Spec

Here's what I made from scratch and imported and rendered in Bryce 5(mesh, textures, etc.)

Took about 20 minutes to render at 1280 x 1024

maiden.jpg

Last edited:
verdufreak said:

Did you anti alias that chess board?

yeah, 3ds automatically does that. I ::think:: you can turn it off manually, but I haven't attempted it, since it renders really fast and looks so much better.

3ds is very intimidating for the begenner... here's a great site with a searchable database of tutorials

www.3dbuzz.com

also, 3ds comes with tutorials and sample scenes... I've learned everything about it (and all my programs) from tutorials, and trial and error.

I can’t find a demo version of Bryce 4 or 5 anywhere! Can somebody point me in the right direction? Perhaps there is no demo version though.

yeah clicky HERE that is their website download page...just find bryce 5 and click download and you got the trial version...hope this helps...

Keep on rendering guys!!

Spec

No Poser (ick) and no prefabs (double ick). I made her from scratch (4 months ago) in another program which is more efficient for making character models. The flag was made in the same program.

I've made over four dozen character models in the past 2 years and I have 6 years of aircraft 3D model experience before that.

All I did in Bryce 5 was add lighting, backdrop, and then render in High-Res.

Her proportions got a little mish-mashed the last time I imported her, so I'm rerendering her again and it should be finished in 20 minutes...

Here's one in the making....I really like M.C Escher so I tried to do a self portrait in Bryce :)
The figure is from poser (you can tell I don't know how to use poser very well :-/ )
Check out the pictures of my other renderings on the walls, I thought it was a good touch :)

Anywho, this is a rough copy....I'm gonna fool around with it some more this weekend :)

self_portrait.jpg

-D9K

wowww....that is a lot of things!!! Very impressive...I'm still trying to get the hang of these Negative and Positive attrubites...once I get that down then I'll move into actually things instead of scenary :D

But in the mean time I'm working on a killer scene....sofar it is turning out pretty good...I have to just work out the kinks in the background and then I got a very good scenary picture....I'll post it here when I finish!!

Spec

Well I finally got Bryce 5 Trial down. Here is my first little thingy. Its not complex by any means, but it looks kind of cool. ;)

Back