• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 day of rendering...FINAL PIC!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only thing I can see in your wonderful pic is that I can see the spotlight on the water by you first group of rocks. I would try to get the edges of its uneven (and maybe even make the light in some parts stronger to show the uneven hieght) to simulate a reef under the water. I'm still envious of your beach making skills (I still can't make them). But all in all is a spectacular picture!

-wh469

P.S. Are my pictures bad or something or has everyone stopped responding to this thread?

yeah I have to make the spotlight edges more soft....hopefully I can make it seem like sunrays shinning on it...that is one part that I know I need to fix ;)....I'll keep trying....:D

Also...for you just starting I think your pictures are very good! When I jut started I sucked...lol...you started off with a great start (lol that sounded wrong)

Also thank you for my beaches...:D

I'll post the FINAL FINAL picture when I got that thing sorted out :D

Spec

OK, four more pictures for you guys... My favorites are both the Life Savers Factories. It's amazing how a simple scene can be made amazing with mirrors!

BTW, How can any of you stand to render for hours on end?? 1 Hour is my limit (15-30 mins usual), and that's only if I'm watching a movie. I guess I'm far to impatient to actually render something at 1024x768. 466Mhz just isn't up to the task.)

wh469 - I really like the coastline you rendered! Also, the cup thing in your other picture is amazing!!

JigPu

JigPu said:
Here are the actual .br5 files for Bryce if you want to see how they were made.

JigPu

thanks for the sources Jigpu!

thats just what i needed to see how to work a few things in bryce

-Malakai

where can i find out how to do all the cool things you all did? i went out and got bryce 5, and i messed with it for about 5 hours..and am still clueless

Well, I'm self taught myself.... Using Bryce is pretty intuitive IMO, but I'd be glad to answer any specific questions (as I'm sure others would be too!). Just remeber... I've only had Bryce for about a week, so nothing REALLY complicated, OK? :D

Hmmmm.... This mabey? http://www.3dlinks.com/tutorials_bryce.cfm I dunno, but it looks like it has quite a few tutorials!

JigPu

Jigpu, thanks for the link! I'll be reading through that for awhile.
My next project... A stereogram! I think I'll make a forest scene stereogram. Great pictures everyone! Can't wait to see the next batch! Keep these pictures rollin!

-wh469

P.S. Where can I get the PaintShoPro trial?

Edit: Well my project doesn't look good so I'm gonnna put it off for awhile.

Last edited:
RangerJoe said:
ok, how do i color a sphere in a rendering? like everytime i have a shape, it is grey when i render
OK, to apply a color or texture to any object, click the triangle next to the EDIT tab to bring up a list of predefined textures all sorted by category.

Also, if you want to create/custimize textures, I think you click the "E" button for the object selected. It's one of the bottom buttons I know! :D

JigPu

And three hours of night rendering (ack! I broke my limit!!) produced this gem! I think I'll change the single star to an eclipse on the other side if I can figure out a good way to do it.

And now I've learned that four lights = EVIL :D
JigPu

JigPu said:
And three hours of night rendering (ack! I broke my limit!!) produced this gem! I think I'll change the single star to an eclipse on the other side if I can figure out a good way to do it.

And now I've learned that four lights = EVIL :D
JigPu

Heh where is that light coming from? I like the mountain!

He has four spotlights at the base of the mountain all shinning in different directions ;)

I'm tweaking that mountain picture...stupid light is the only thing I'm tweaking...lol...never knew a light can make or break the picture...hopefully I'll get this sorted out :D

Spec

in the upperright can cornor in the create thing...you can see all those yellow shapes...those are spotlights...just creat them and then you can edit it and change the direction and everything...hope this helps...if you can't see it I'll post a pic of ti :D

Spec

Spec_Ops2087 said:
He has four spotlights at the base of the mountain all shinning in different directions ;)

I'm tweaking that mountain picture...stupid light is the only thing I'm tweaking...lol...never knew a light can make or break the picture...hopefully I'll get this sorted out :D

Spec
Thanks Spec!! My pooter is too wimpy to do much tweaking. If the mini-render were bigger (is it possible to make it bigger?) I'm sure I could do a much better job at tweaking it. Let's see what you can do with it!

And now a question to all the Bryce users out there...
How do you apply some of the textures? Specifially, I'm talking about the fire texture / cloud textures that would make an awesome effect (anything in the volume category actually). Whenever I apply them to an object, they never show and stay grey. Why is it any diffrent from normal texture placement anyway?? :confused:

JigPu

yeah you can actually lower the resolution...double click on the render button and enter a smaller resolution...

To apply textures you would click on the "M" button when you click on the object....then that brings you too a screen...you will notice in the top left there is a mini render of the object...next to it is an arrow...click on that and it will bring you to the pre made textures...to creat the sky do the same thing OR you can click at the top of the screen on Sky & Somthing but I forget what it is....

Also, I mean't my mountain thing...lol...if you want me to work on yours then it is ok...but right now my main computer has some BS error and I can't use it...hopefully someone in the operating system forms can help me out!

Spec

(hate you microsoft)!!:mad:

There's a faster way to render.

Instead of lowering the resolution of your wireframe, which decreases the area of which you have to work with, you can have any size wireframe you want (I prefer 1024x768) and render at any resolution (higher or lower than your wireframe).

To do this, click on file and then near the bottom of the menu will be an option "render to disk"
Click on that and follow the prompts. I usually render at 1600x1200 @ 96 pixels per square inch. It gives a super-high quality picture. And what's better is that it renders faster because you don't see the picture while it's rendering like you do when you hit the big render button on the main screen, this allows for more CPU time to be devoted to calculating polygons and light rays.

Try it out :)

-D9K

EDIT: Woohoo! Page 7!

Back