• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 machine, 20,000PPD... I'm back!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

After a bunch of trouble with this rig and having to make those two dummy plugs you see below, I'm back in business. No overclock on the GPUs and I'm not using the VM trick on my quad-core. Draw on the computer is 603 watts, so about 35ppd/watt. Am I right that this is pretty good? :beer:

The scary thing is that there is one more x16 slot! I'm coming for you, klear!

Attachments

• DSCN1573.JPG
    DSCN1573.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCN1572.JPG
    DSCN1572.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 318
  • fah.jpg
    fah.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
This is what I'm wanting to do x2 :D

nice rig and cruncher.

you gonna throw a 8800gs or gt in that open slot? lol

and I only have 100K to go before I got to you!!!

Yea every now and then COD4 get's the best of my 9800gtx KO ppd's.

Don't worry gonna be shutting it down for a little while to reconfigure my main system and sell off some parts. I would like to get to the top 10 producers and this current set-up isn't gonna make it happen.

How does a GTX 280 compare to GX2 PPD? I can't wait to see what you guys will do with 55nm GT200 chips. Dual GTX 260 cards should be out hopefully in Q1.

(What I really want is for Stanford to make RV770 code more efficient so my 1teraFLOPS will be unleashed upon the world)

a gtx280 is about 7k and a gx2 as you can see is about 10K

can you enlightent me as to why you needed the "dongels" on the other video card? i would figure you can still run the GPU client. on the other card with out needing to hook up the dvi-dongle that you made.

AFAIK certain os or something make it have to have a monitor hooked up to each pci-e card.

if you have a rig with 4 cards 4 core gpu cores that can be very difficult to set-up with 1 monitor afaik

can you enlightent me as to why you needed the "dongels" on the other video card? i would figure you can still run the GPU client. on the other card with out needing to hook up the dvi-dongle that you made.

1: Yes, you can do it without extra monitors or dummy plugs, but it takes a bit more work.

2: Overclocks won't stick in RivaTuner after a reboot if there is no monitor.

the dvi to vga dongle is so that he can run the dummy plugs and trick vista into thinking there is are more monitor, there by activating the second card and allowing him to fold on it.

lol, 3 people posted at once.

I still can't get 10k ppd on my main rig and I'm burning ~500W 24/7 with two VMs and a GPU2 client :shrug:

WTF! :clap:

nice rig there!!! :drool:

I'm able to build a 780i + 3 8800GT/Q6600 too (down sizing from 3 individual 8800GT+Q6600). just received a few VGA dummy plugs from Torin today!! :D

foldon.gif

windows requires you to extend your desktop to each gpu. with xp you can cheat but with vista you have to simulate a monitor. there are some threads at folding-forum with multi-gpu walkthroughs.

If I buy another 9800GTX+ ~$200, the wife and daughter will kill me :cry:

I so want two more of these cards :drool:

I'm in trouble... this thread really makes me want to re-build my full tower.

Awesome rig you got there man. Any place to buy the dongles? Or do they HAVE to be custom made?

1: Yes, you can do it without extra monitors or dummy plugs, but it takes a bit more work.

2: Overclocks won't stick in RivaTuner after a reboot if there is no monitor.

Ahhhh, I was wondering what was going on. I set up two 8800gt using my Dell2405fpw. I just hooked up one to the DVI and one to the VGA input. I overclocked both of them and had just left thevga hooked up when I was done. I unhooked everything last week to work on another computer, and when I was done I didn't bother with the VGA because I'm not using it. One card has been doing 400ppd less than the other and I just couldn't figure out what the problem was.

Any idea where we can get ahold of some dummy plugs like the ones above? When I finally get around to setting things up the way I want them I'm going to need three of them.

Back