• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 week old Alphacool Eispumpe VPP755 just grenaded! Just my luck or bad pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SirCamp0Lot

After weeks of waiting for parts and building i finally got my first custom loop finish just to have the pump go out a week later! I can fill the loop from both the reservoir and plugs in the top of both radiators so I know I never ran the pump dry. Anyone else have any experience with this pump? Should I get the same pump or just a regular D5?
The reservoir is a Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi Reservoir and it's already plumbed with hardtube I would like to keep it so just looking for pump suggestions.

Attached pictures are of the mess the pump left behind.

Thanks in advance

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl492z61b4fe8dc/20170920_181032.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k25yhafb3s4n93z/20170920_181027.jpg?dl=0

Funny thing is the only reason I chose this pump is because it was the only PWM I could find locally. What brand of pump do you have?

There's a whole slew of stories with the VPP755 and their failure rate. I haven't seen so many pumps failures than the VPP755. I swear those things are cursed.

If you can find one around your area, try to go for the Lowara D5. I have mine for over 5 years and it's still rocking strong. And yes it's a PWM with a molex. Molex powers it, PWM read by the motherboard. I can adjust it's speed in the bios.

had v1 and v2 of the vpp755 first one popped the retaining ring off and would grind. Second one would sometimes start sometimes not.

btw they say this pump wont be hurt by running dry but I like you didnt let it happen.

wow, that is terrible. i had no idea. i actually considered it but i couldnt justify the cost vs my swiftech pump(whew). why dont they stop selling them until they figure out how to fix them?!

ah i remember seeing that thread about them now.

Last edited:
Back