• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10 - 20 minute wait for boot Z97 Extreme 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

troutstudio

Z97 Extreme 4/4790K. I use this in my studio. The issue is that if the power is completely shut off to the computer, it won't start for 10-20 minutes. After that, it works fine. If I leave the power on at the wall, it's fine. I've changed the battery, the case and the power supply. If this is the mainboard - what is it and can it be fixed or should I buy a new one? It's annoying but of course I can get around it. But anything odd with the main recording rig is a red flag to me. Thanks for your time - it's much appreciated.

how long to post?
where does it hang, at the slash screen, what operating system?

When you say "it won't start" do you mean when you push the power button there is no activity at all (no fans, no lights, no post) or does it hang for 15-20 minutes at some point in the boot process? I think caddi daddi's question is very relevant here.

Back