• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

100 feedbacks for a dollar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RoadWarrior said:
I've got half the feedback I should have really because I don't see why a buyer should have to put in feedback first. I mean, your end is all kept up, you've paid on time, and if that's not good enough for them to leave good feedback, screw 'em. The sellers expectations are fulfilled maybe a week, often 2 or 3 before the buyers are, so if they don't give, they don't get.

I'm confused.
Are you talking about sellers that don't leave feedback before their item arrives to the buyer, or sellers that dont leave feedback at all?

Because when I sell an item, I don't leave feedback until the buyer gets it, however i include a note stating this with each package.

I don't want some punk giving me unjustified grief later on, after me leaving them good feedback just because they know how to use Paypal...

voodoomelon said:
I'm confused.
Are you talking about sellers that don't leave feedback before their item arrives to the buyer, or sellers that dont leave feedback at all?

Because when I sell an item, I don't leave feedback until the buyer gets it, however i include a note stating this with each package.

I don't want some punk giving me unjustified grief later on, after me leaving them good feedback just because they know how to use Paypal...

What you do is precisely what we speak of. If I hit the "Buy Now" button, and pay instantly, my feedback should be as just that. FAST PAYER! Then if the item I purchased is what I paid for, and in the condition as stated, I will leave positive. What you do is WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! You FORCE buyers into leaving positive feedback.

That's not true in the slightest.
How on earth is that "forcing" a person to leave positive feedback?

Just because a buyer pays instantly, like 90% of buyers do, does not mean they deserve instant positive feedback. A multitude of things can go wrong in the mean time whilst the buyer waits for the package or in and around a week after they recieve it.

A transaction is not completed until at least when the buyer recieves the item, feedback should not be left before that time, it just makes no sense. Why do you want your feedback so quick? Does it really kill you to wait a week, until the transaction completes?

My policy has saved my *** a few times from people looking for replacements / refunds when they idiodicially neglected to check for compatability (hardware), even though my listings clearly state full spec.

What I do is not "wrong, wrong, wrong".

RoadWarrior said:
I've got half the feedback I should have really because I don't see why a buyer should have to put in feedback first. I mean, your end is all kept up, you've paid on time, and if that's not good enough for them to leave good feedback, screw 'em.
I used to leave FB first as a seller until I got burned by a few scammers that tried chargebacks (and somehow won; I was out both the $ and the widget and since I had already left +FB I could not warn others), and a couple small transactions where the PP funds turned out to be fraudulent (I was only "notified" of this after the buyer received the widget). Even after shipment, there are things that can go wrong.

wow, you two guys should quit ebay, that's just wrong. The buyer leaves feedback when the seller completes his half, and the seller leaves feedback when he completes his half. As the seller, you should leave + feedback AS SOON AS the money clears, not as soon as he says you're good. If he says your bad, are you gonna give bad feedback too? Shady and wrong.

You shouldn't wait to see what they're going to say, if you do what you're supposed to, you'll have good feedback.

high $$$ amount transactions should use an escrow service. Always look at there feedback of what they bought and sold. Most importantly use logical common sense is the best way to deal with ebay.

Not this argument again :bang head Check out ebay's feedback board and see how widely responses to this vary.

PP chargebacks can be made long after the funds clear, and an ebay not-received complaint or CC chargeback can be filed past that cutoff. Non-PP CC payments can also be disputed long after the payment "clears".

Depending on what the buyer claims, DC can solve it, but not always (in my few fraudulent-fund chargebacks, having proof of delivery did nothing; I got socked for the total amount as well as additional $ for the "privilege" of having them take the money).

My buyers see nothing wrong with waiting an extra day or so for me to check delivery status, email them asking if all's well, etc. I don't use an auto-feedback system, and see no reason to.

Back