• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090t overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaGePANK

Hi ppl!
I'm new to overclocking and i decided to give a boost to my computer :)

Specs:
-AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
-Ati radeon 6970 2GB
-4gb ram 1333 Hyperx Blue (i think they where 1600mhz when i bought them but it says 1333 in bios...dunno)
-Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

So, i was reading a lot of things here and there and i'm a little confused. I changed some values like ICE said in this post (http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657858), and i'm running PRIME95 to check on things...been running for 15min now and i got those values on Core Temp:
Tj.Max 71°C
Cpu # 50°c min 49°C 51°C

THIS IS WHAT I'M RUNNING NOW:
[thnx to ice suggestion]

CPU Clock Ratio [17X] 3400 MHz
CPU Northbridge Freq. [10X] 2000 MHz
Core Performance Boost [Disabled]
CPB Ratio (grayed out?)
CPU Host Clock Control [Manual? 200?]
CPU Frequency (MHz) 200
PCIe Clock (MHz) [Auto]
PCIe Spread Spectrum [Disabled]
HT Link Frequency [10X]
Set Memory Clock [x5.33]
Memory Clock x5.33 1066 MHz
DRAM Configuration [Press Enter] (we'll get to that later )

System Voltage Control [Auto]
Dram Voltage Control [1.55v]
NB Voltage Control [Auto]
NB PCIE Voltage Control [Auto]
CPU NB VID Voltage Control [1.15v]
CPU Voltage Control [1.35v]

I'll be waiting for now, thnx in advance!

You're doing pretty good. The main things to focus on increasing are the CPU Clock Ratio (which is the main "speeder upper" tool for the CPU and the CPU voltage control to support the increasing speed of the CPU. You should go ahead and put your memory frequency back to 1333 since it will not change when you are overclocking with the CPU Clock Ratio Control.

Make sure you are testing for stability with 20 minute Prime95 blend runs and while you are doing that have HWMonitor (better than core temp because it gives a lot more info, including core temps and CPU socket temps). You don't want the core temps to exceed about 60c or the CPU socket temps to exceed 70c.

What are you using to cool the CPU with?

1. :welcome: to OCF. Good luck with your clocking.

2. Now with a signature we know what parts and pieces you are using, we can all get on the same page performance wise as outlined below.

These are the types of information that most users supply in order to be able to help them very much. Of course beginning with a setting that is 'known' to pass P95 Blend mode makes good sense, because a failed P95 Blend test is not going to give a baseline of a configuration that 'does' work.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of the INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Back