• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 1100T Safe Voltage under water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aries2110

Have done searches but not really found enough information to answer my specific question.

I have recently installed the H110 for a better attempt at OCing. Currently it takes 1.6v to run Prime95 stable at 4.2GHz.

An hour of stressing shows 47-48*C max on the CPU. I understand there could be problems from electron migration and other things, but I thought the immediate issue was heat.

So do my cool temps make this a safe voltage? I know AMD lists their max temp at 55*C.

If I can, I want to push higher. I can stand a slightly reduced lifespan for my chip, but I don't want to kill it within a couple years either...

I wouldn't be running it with 1.6 V for extended periods of time. If you're doing it to bench it and or just trying to see how far you can push it, keep the temps down and it should be ok. Though there is always the risk of it going snap crackle pop when pushing that much voltage. Will it happen, that's tough to say, I've pushed more volts then that into my 955be on AIR and it lives. There is always a risk though, so no guarantees.

If it's under the H110 in your signature you can always open the windows and get the ambient temps down to help get the temps lower, just don't go below freezing, I'm not sure what the H110 is filled with and freezing it up probably wouldn't be the best for it.

That's what it seems to take so far.

What settings should I be looking at to achieve stability with a lower voltage? At 1.55v it always fails Prime95 on one of the cores.

Maybe my NB voltage is set a tad high at 1.275v for 2800MHz?

It Currently takes 1.525v for 4GHz. The 1090T I had previously was identical.

This is for 24/7 usage BTW.

I would clock down to 4.0ghz. Especially with 24/7 usage, you really dont NEED those 200mhz.

aries it's your chip and you do what you want with it, I wouldn't run 1.6 v for a 24/7 overclock. I only run high voltages like that for benching purposes but that's me. You can try lowering the NB Freq and see if it will stabilize with a lower Cpu V.

Well I'm certainly here for advice, but the extra speed is felt in many things, and I would like to find a relatively safe way to keep it. Sadly the chip is not a golden clocker like many seem to get.

1.55v is what's listed on their site as safe for 24/7 on Thubans.

Well if you can "Feel" 5% difference I dunno... but I wouldn't risk it personally, not for daily use.

I did some looking around, and 1.55 should be absolute max. AMD recommends 1.45 max if that means anything.

Thubans are not a lot different than the Deneb 4 core processors as far as design of chip. I for years heard that 1.525 was considered safe 24/7usage with good cooling. Sounds like you got two bow wows in a row, since you say the previous 1090T did not want to run up above 4.0Ghz without a ton of voltage.

Your money and your parts. Run it as high as you lke for that other 200Mhz if they are critical to you.
RGone...

AMD knows the majority of their users aren't using high performance cooling, though I understand being cautious. I don't want to wreck my chip.
aries, it's really a tough question to answer. Every chip is different some may be tougher then others. Can some take 1.6 24/7 with the temps kept low, most likely. How long will it last we cannot tell you. Even if I had a Thuban running those voltages 24/7 for 5 years it wouldn't mean yours would. You may run it there for a year and then it start degrading or maybe 10. If you're concerned about the longevity of it, running 1.6 Cpu V is probably not a great idea, even with the temps being good. If you didn't care then that would be a whole different story.

With my 8350, I can run it at 5.1 and still have reasonable temperatures with the cooling I have. I choose to run it at 4.7 24/7 because the performance increase compared to how much more Cpu Voltage I needed to run it at 5.1 just isn't worth it to me. I won't even run 4.8 because the amount of volts I need to get there compared to the 1.46 I need for 4.7. That's me though, I hope that helps give you an idea of my mindset.

I've used 1.475 on mine for years now so I would call that safe. From what I remember anything over 1.5 is pushing the limits on these but its only a couple hundred to replace it so burn it up. :D

Seriously though, if I remember right it wasn't necessarily the temp you had to worry about with that type of voltage it was something else. Sorry it's been a while so I can't remember what it was.

Well I'm currently not running 1.6v if that's what you guys think...

See my sig for what I've gotten so far. Seem any better? I just want the maximum I can do safely.

EDIT: Aha, NVM. Let me get back to ya guys. I forgot my basics. Should've set everything to default and started over when I replaced the cooler. Further tinkering shows I had my voltage set way too high. I never knew that cooling could affect voltage needed?? Was previously using a Hyper 212 Evo with Push/Pull Delta fans and it simply ran too warm. Touching 58-60*C with Prime95. Not nearly that hot when gaming, but still... I don't like to see it above 55 on these chips.

Now running Prime95 at 4GHz with 1.45v... Wish me luck. Make no mistake guys, I'd much rather err on the side of caution. It doesn't hurt to push a bit and see what she can do though. Following your advice, I'm likely to keep it to 1.55 or lower for 24/7.

Last edited:
Because several of my friends bought them, so there is a pool of them to get for cheap. Both the 1090T and 1100T were $100 a piece.

Also, the 83x0s aren't really much faster in real world performance, or at least gaming. They lack raw work units per cycle. My 4GHz Thuban is roughly equivalent to a 4.4-4.6GHz Piledriver or a 4.6-4.8GHz Bulldozer.

Granted Vishera is much faster in some benchmarks, but in gaming? I have yet to see it. The Thuban is just as good if not better. Please feel free to argue me if you disagree.

Because several of my friends bought them, so there is a pool of them to get for cheap. Both the 1090T and 1100T were $100 a piece.

Also, the 83x0s aren't really much faster in real world performance, or at least gaming. They lack raw work units per cycle. My 4GHz Thuban is roughly equivalent to a 4.4-4.6GHz Piledriver or a 4.6-4.8GHz Bulldozer.

Granted Vishera is much faster in some benchmarks, but in gaming? I have yet to see it. The Thuban is just as good if not better. Please feel free to argue me if you disagree.

Not arguing dude, simply curious is all.

Back