• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 1100T Safe Voltage under water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm just curious but did you have any other motherboard before the 990? If so, did you see an improvement over the last?

Yes, I had the 1090T in a GA-890XA-UD3 which had a 790X chipset with an SB850 SouthBridge. It was basically a slightly updated GA-790X-UD4P. It could even take the heatpipe cooler from one, so I swapped the coolers as well.

As far as improvements, one of the largest is chipset and VRM cooling. Though that's because it's a higher-end board. Both the 790X-UD4P and 890XA-UD3 needed a 60mm fan to keep temps under control.

Performance-wise the new chipset alone is worth half a second in SuperPi after consistent, repeated runs. That was one reason for upgrading the board. It has slightly higher memory throughput.

Another advantage is that it can achieve the same overclocks with slightly lower voltages, at least in my case. The 890XA-UD3 took 1.55v to run the 1090T at 4GHz. The 990FXA-UD5 takes 1.525

If you have a true 890 chipset, the differences aren't very much. But if you have a 790 chipset, it makes a nice improvement.

Sorry for the double but thought it appropriate to add this separately.

10 Min of Prime95. Has tested at 4 hours stable. Not had anything test that long and not work fine for me. The real stability test will be real world usage.

Might have to right click and view image or something of that ilk. Nevermind the wonky voltage reporting. Everything is good in BIOS. Only the CPU and VIN1(DRAM Voltage) are accurate. LLC on this board means CPU fluctuates a bit when under varying loads, but locks right to 1.525 when put under anything heavy.

TEMP0: Ambient
TEMP1: CPU
Temp2: Chipset

Last edited:
Back