• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120gb Gskill Phoenix PRO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1kingd2

My awesome wife bought me a 120gb Gskill Phoenix Pro for christmas! Any ways I installed the SSD and I am really happy with the speed. However, I received a score of a 7.1 for windows index, I just would like to know if this a normal range for a ssd? Secondly, I would like to know what benchmarks are every one using to test their ssd drives.

I have it in ACHI mode.

thank you.

I'm not to sure about the average index score for SSD's but it really depends on each one differently; My 60GB Vertex 2 gets a score of 7.7 and i use AS SSD Benchmark.

Windows experience benchmark is quite possibly the worst benchmark out there.

Run crystal disk benchmark for a good bench.

That being said though, I believe that drive is the same as the Vertex 2, Corsair Force, Mushkin Callisto Deluxe etc, it has the Sandforce controller with no limiations on write speeds. Your wife did a spectacular job on choosing the drive!

Windows experience benchmark is quite possibly the worst benchmark out there.

Run crystal disk benchmark for a good bench.

That being said though, I believe that drive is the same as the Vertex 2, Corsair Force, Mushkin Callisto Deluxe etc, it has the Sandforce controller with no limiations on write speeds. Your wife did a spectacular job on choosing the drive!

here is my bench it seems to be far off of what Gskill bench states. I have AHCI on, is there anything else I can do? By the way I was attatched to the 3ID for one year from 2004-2005 in Camp Falcon Baghdad any chance you were there?

Attachments

• ssdscore1.PNG
    ssdscore1.PNG
    65.9 KB · Views: 130
I was in Baghdad 07-08, still in flight school when you deployed!

There is definitely something wrong with the drive....can you download the intel storage manager and ensure write cache is enabled and the drive is showing AHCI in windows as well?

I was in Baghdad 07-08, still in flight school when you deployed!

There is definitely something wrong with the drive....can you download the intel storage manager and ensure write cache is enabled and the drive is showing AHCI in windows as well?

well i checked in windows 7 by following these steps.
http://www.ithinkdiff.com/how-to-enable-ahci-in-windows-7-rc-after-installation/. my score did increase, but its still not over 200mb/s

i have windows 7 and amd 1090t asus crosshair 4. I wonder if it is an amd issue.

Attachments

• ssdscore2.PNG
    ssdscore2.PNG
    54.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I tried another bench mark, and my ssd seems to be in line with what is advertised. Thanks for all the help guys. The only weird thing is I improved my read speeds in crystaldiskmark, but my write speeds went down. It seems with ATTO that im in line.

Thank YOu.

Attachments

• ssd3.PNG
    ssd3.PNG
    238.4 KB · Views: 82
Back