• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm Fan covers or shrouds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PvtWulf

Does anyone make fan covers or shrouds for 120 mm fans . They would cover the fan body, not talking about grills, but covers for the body of the fan.

Last edited:
Tnx Blaylock. The Alphacool shroud would be nice but really looking for metal 1 like that. Dazmods want 25 dollars shipping , for a 6 dollar item , no way lol. Think ill just make one. And they only have one in stock.

Im just gonna make my own, think i can make it where it wont vibrate. Tnx. I just hate when u got good looking case then u look at fans and they just dont seem in place, u know what i mean, un finished look.

Depending on the fan I can agree. There are some very appealing fans out there though. The TT Riings are gorgeous. The Corsair Ap/SP's are nice and the Noise Blocker eLoop's all look very nice to me.

Now u got the idea. Looking for just cover to go over any fan i choose. But cant find any metal ones so gonna make my own. like th occool but that one is made out of rubber or silicone i think. Alphacool i think it is.

ModMyMods had one 20mm tall might cover all of the side of fan gonna try one and see. Or 20mm thick . However u measure it lol. Phobya is the one. Didnt see ur earlier post sry. Tnx very much.

Just make sure you know what you're ordering. Looks like some of those are just spacers and not fan shrouds like I had thought.

I wonder where the manufacturers buy their frames? TBH I have some fans I gutted to make shrouds. I also have sheets of plastic I made into NH-D14 shrouds for an experiment, years ago.

Cute thing I found was this.

Last edited:
I know it's a grill. But it channels air better than a whole line of shrouds. I tried the shroud route for a variety of things. Since then I've put way the shrouds and the channelers both.

Im looking for a shroud to cover body of fan,Baylock found one by the way, just to dress up fan going in FMJ project, not necessarily to channel air. I tried shrouds like ur talking about and like u, got rid of em.

Fan dressing. Now there's a concept. Well, since my stuff is hidden, I never thought about it. Still, interesting idea.

Back