• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

13mm fitting 12mm tube

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigtallanddopey

Right I have just bought some new hardline tube to water cool my current rig. Unfortunately I think I have ordered the wrong size, they had two sizes for sale 12/10 and 16/12 I think. I know for sure it wasn’t the 16mm stuff.

Anyway as soon as I placed the tube into the fittings I have I noticed the fit was no where near as good as my previous build.

Basically would anyone out there use 12mm tube in 13mm fittings??? I seem to be able to get a good fit but obviously that’s without any pressure.

As a side note have 13mm fittings gone out of fashion? Does anyone use them anymore? As there is a limited amount of tube available for them from what I can see.

I personally would only get the tubing and fittings from the same company because of compatibility reasons.

I’ve just gone and ordered some more stuff. It’s pretty cheap anyway. Just a shame I couldn’t complete my build over the weekend for the sake of some tubing.

Back