• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16 GB (2x8gb) DDR3 that will hit 7.9 on the WEI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Iamazn

Registered
What I'm looking for:
-16GB, 2x8GB - I KNOW this is overkill, but I still want it.
-7.9 on the WEI - I KNOW the WEI is useless and terrible, but I want my WEI maxed out.
-Heat spreaders/heatsinks that won't come in contact with larger CPU coolers, i.e. NH-D14, Phanteks, etc.
-Under $150.
-Any brand, but preferably Corsair or G.Skill because I've heard great things about them.

The reason WEI is so terrible is because isn't consistent, and inconsistency defies the purpose of a benchmark. No one can say for sure what's required to hit 7.9. I hit 7.6 with 6GB of cheapo 1333MHz stuff. Put 8GB of 1600 in same machine, down to 7.4. :shrug:

Last edited:
I agree, it seems WEI is very inconsistent. My 4x2GB G.Skill ECO DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24 1.35v RAM gets 7.9, but I don't know why since it's not the best RAM out there and only cost $50 per 2x2GB kit...

Capture.PNG

If you want your WEI maxed out, just hack the XML. That's what I did. I don't know how many cores nor overclock the WEI needs for a 7.9 CPU, gave me 7.8 with 2500k 4.8GHz. Everything else, 7.9.

I have 8GB (7.9 usable according to windows, but I'ma reseat my RAM) of Mushkin DDR3 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 RAM and I get 7.9 in WEI.

And to OP, enjoy trying to get 7.9 with anything less than 12 physical cores on your system. I have 7.9 on everything besides processor, and I heard you need some insane **** to reach 7.9 for processor.

Back