• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh no another gaming rig shopping list thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since you're already on the path to liking the Hadron, I'll throw this out there.

I just built a system in the Hadron Air. Its in my sig, haven't gotten pictures of it yet but I've been using it a while.
You couldn't ask for anything more from a case designed to be small.

Speaking of size, its literally a cute/adorable size. 12"x12"x6" and it has a 10.5" GPU in it!
The two included 120mm fans are silent, as well as the PSU fan.

Actually, I think I'll go get pictures now while I have some time!

Also worth noting: the Z97N-WIFI has both dual-band wifi b/g/n/ac and bluetooth 4.0 built in. So you don't need an extra PCI/PCIe slot for those :)

Referee_pics_or_gtfo.jpg

We must see this!

*Disclaimer- I feel that GTFO is forums safe as I have seen moderators use such terms as FFS. Please no mod rage. One love.

+1 to pics or gtfo :rofl:

futurama-fry-meme-generator-theres-an-image-for-everything-40d2a4.jpg

if-you-know-what-i-mean.jpg

Working on it!
Actually going this evening to get a white sheet for a consistent background in all pictures (You'll know why that matters in about a month).

Can you please just post some "preliminary, sloppy and quick" shots of the interior, and with the windowed panel on? I've never seen a "home build" in a Hadron just promotional nonsense pics.

When you have time, if you could take detailed macros of all the cabling and wiring and everything I would enjoy looking at them.

Very true ocnoob haha, sadly my pic/gif folder is lacking in witty one liners ;)

Out of curiosity are there good places to sell a computer? I'm usually pretty hesitant about craigslists because of shady dealers, scammers, etc and also rule of thumbs for hardware value?

futurama-fry-meme-generator-theres-an-image-for-everything-40d2a4.jpg

if-you-know-what-i-mean.jpg

Can you please just post some "preliminary, sloppy and quick" shots of the interior, and with the windowed panel on? I've never seen a "home build" in a Hadron just promotional nonsense pics.

When you have time, if you could take detailed macros of all the cabling and wiring and everything I would enjoy looking at them.

I'll get all of them at once later tonight. Back from getting the sheet (and a pizza).
It'll be after the Coca-Cola 600 though.

Out of curiosity are there good places to sell a computer? I'm usually pretty hesitant about craigslists because of shady dealers, scammers, etc and also rule of thumbs for hardware value?

See below quote.

Here in our Classifieds section...

+1, best forum to sell on in terms of quality buyers/sellers.

It would be nice but what about doing local selling? i dont feel comfortable trying to ship a 20-30+ pound object via any carrier service after seeing what they do with their packages first hand haha. Plus I dont have the means to properly package something of this size up nor would I want to really be paying for a carrier to do so on top of everything. Also I would need to set up an email with my isp (which i'll do so i can check out the classifieds anyways) but thank you for that information.

It would be nice but what about doing local selling? i dont feel comfortable trying to ship a 20-30+ pound object via any carrier service after seeing what they do with their packages first hand haha. Plus I dont have the means to properly package something of this size up nor would I want to really be paying for a carrier to do so on top of everything. Also I would need to set up an email with my isp (which i'll do so i can check out the classifieds anyways) but thank you for that information.

Where I live we have kijiji and redflagdeals and pricenetwork. I'm sure there are things like this in Newengland. They are local forums with big buy and sell sections and buyers are not shady and have reputations (happy buyers and angry buyers post reviews after every sale). So you just sell to someone with a high reputation and you know you won't get screwed.

They're up!
Be glad that I ironed the sheet first, that thing was terribly wrinkled...

It's about as detailed as I can get, there's nowhere to get a DSLR into case this small :rolleyes:
Once the window is on you really can't see the wiring, as it is a smoked window.

One other question I forgot to ask is does this gigabyte board come with antenna for the wireless/bluetooth? If not what exactly would I be looking for that would be sufficient but quality?

/edit

Two questions actually, the second one is the evga 770 has a 6 and 8 pin power connection. Is there a way to modify one of the 6+2 cables so i dont have the 2 pins hanging off for the 6 pin connection?

Last edited:
The pre order for the Ncase M1 are up..
Should that interest you as a small form factor unit. I love mine and it's apparently been revised too. Though takes its sweet time to get to you..

http://www.ncases.com/

Keep the pins on and cable tie it. You never know when you might need it!

The pre order for the Ncase M1 are up..
Should that interest you as a small form factor unit. I love mine and it's apparently been revised too. Though takes its sweet time to get to you..

http://www.ncases.com/

Keep the pins on and cable tie it. You never know when you might need it!

Looks like a nice case, although I prefer the layout of the hadron with the top mounted fans and the window. Also it sounds like it will still be some time until the cases are actually available once they begin production. Thank you though for sharing the link and good thinking on simple cable tie solution.

One other question I forgot to ask is does this gigabyte board come with antenna for the wireless/bluetooth? If not what exactly would I be looking for that would be sufficient but quality?

/edit

Two questions actually, the second one is the evga 770 has a 6 and 8 pin power connection. Is there a way to modify one of the 6+2 cables so i dont have the 2 pins hanging off for the 6 pin connection?

Yes, it has the antenna included.

You can just tuck the +2 back with a wire tie and you'll never see it.

Another question I have is performance wise, the difference between 1600 mhz and 1866 mhz memory. From what I've seen higher frequency usually has longer timings. Also is this sort of on the same idea of overclocked graphics cards where its just been tested to handle higher speeds safely? I'm thinking about changing these snipers out for ares because of lower profile.

Back