• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh no another gaming rig shopping list thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In most games, going from say, 1333Mhz to 2600Mhz you would gain a couple of FPS. From 1600 to 1866 you won't notice much difference. Just make sure it's low profile and 1.5v or less.

Sounds good to me, thanks theocnoob! I might go for the orange sticks so if i ever replace the 120 fans i could pick up a pair of cougars to match.

In most games, going from say, 1333Mhz to 2600Mhz you would gain a couple of FPS. From 1600 to 1866 you won't notice much difference. Just make sure it's low profile and 1.5v or less.
You see the most difference from 1333-2133. Anything beyond that is negligible to no difference while the cost skyrockets. :thup:

Thanks for the words of wisdom ED always appreciated. Pulling the trigger tonight so I look forward to creating a build log :)

Ironically that nice little mitx cooler is now in stock at the egg after i've ordered and received shipping confirmation on everything haha.

Back