• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1650mA 12v AC/DC converter.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JTanczos

Today I was helping my dad cover the pool for the winter. We normally use a high flow air pump to fill the air pillows that go under the cover. Unfortunitly it uses rechargeable batteries so the power adapter had been lost the last time we used it. It was windy today so the leaves were blowing all over the place. Needless to say we were in a hurry to get the cover on. We headed out to k-mart to get a replacement pump/power cord that didnt use batteries. We bought a Northwest Territories Air pump available in the camping goods section. It was $14.95 and came with a 1650mA 12v adapter.

Later I tried my radioshack 1500mA converter(which I paid $20 for) to charge the rechargable one as a test to prove that had I been given time I could have figured out that we didnt need a replacement. While testing I was curious what the NW Ter. converter could handle and was surprised to see it was more powerful that was CHEAPER!

Reason I post this here is because I have been using my RS converter for external cooling projects to power 2 sanyo Denki Fans and a few leds. You could use this other one to power 3 Sanyo fans safely or anything else up to 19.8 watts. Not too shabby and you get a air pump for your inflatables(no smarta$$ comments to that one :p) when you need it. :D I figure someone out there will find an interest in this.

JT

Last edited:
I dont get it. You saying $15 is too much too?
I had searched online for AC/DC converters that were cheap but nothing that could take more than 1 amp.

While a $20 atx power supply might be cheaper for more power hungry projects it doesn't lend itself to aesthetics cause of its size.

JT

Back