• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 16Gb installed: Windows see 8Gigs of RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Chuckles.....21 replies and noe suggested checking in Windows if max memory is checked.
Go into MSCONFIG, then BOOT, then ADVANCED OPTIONS, uncheck MAXIMUM MEMORY

Chuckles.....21 replies and noe suggested checking in Windows if max memory is checked.
Go into MSCONFIG, then BOOT, then ADVANCED OPTIONS, uncheck MAXIMUM MEMORY

yes..im uncheck MAXIMUM MEMORY in msconfig..but still show 8gb memory

Luke1978 said:
If it were me I'd double check the socket and CPU to make sure all pins etc are in good working order, and then look into the board being faulty.

If the other CPU you have correctly shows all 16gb then you can say with reasonable assurance that its the CPU at fault.

I had the same problem (16GB installed and visible in bios but only 8GB seen in windows)...turned out to be a bent pin in the cpu socket so second Luke's recommendation.

I had the same problem (16GB installed and visible in bios but only 8GB seen in windows)...turned out to be a bent pin in the cpu socket so second Luke's recommendation.

but vhen Im booting...bios show only 8gb ram

All good now..
Im take out cpu and put back..and windows now show 16 gb of memory:cheers:
thanks everybody for help.

Back