• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16gb ram on amd system what can i do to use it to its max potential

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fenix1016

Registered
hey i havent ever had this much ram in a system so what setting can i change to utlize my ram more

First off what do you need that much ram for lol.
You can drop your speed to 1333Mhz and try 7-7-7-20 timings and bump up the DRAM Voltage a bit

Try rendering a Sony Vegas Pro video in 1080p and then at the same time rendering a video in Adobe Premier Pro 5.

Just get the trials to check it out.

damn dude i have 12 GB on a intel core i7 build, and i havnt even come close too filling this beast and i do video editing and other rendering processes

vitrual systems and programming some video editing but im just wondering what i can do if i can do anything to mod windows to use the ram over virtual space or something like that i read about it a long time ago so i dont rember detaisl fully

If your running Windows 7, I believe (surely don't quote me) that it does put any free ram to use for cache and Superfetch use. However, that ram being used by the cache and Superfetch, is always available for any program and doesn't count as ram in use.

I think the most my 6GiB actually gets filled is around 4.8GiB when I have multiple Firefoxes open and am gaming.

im using a c300 128 gb sata 3 6gb/s ssd so i have superfetch and indexing turned off and im getting random reads about 360mb/s :) but since im running a ssd i dont want to wast space on it with a bunch of caches if there is any

btw i was writing some code in python accidently created a loop in the codeing and by the time i realised it had 10gb of memory used haha but i still ahd another 6gb left writing codes never been easier

Definitely turn the Pagefile completely off. Most of the time, windows likes the pagefile to be around 3 times the amount of ram. In your case, :eek:. There is hardly anything that would be large enough to need the pagefile so having all the data on ram will be an order of magnitude faster than reading from the SSD even.

Back