• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700's from newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gtsimmo

My friend and I just ordered couple of Tberd 1700's from newegg. They were both AIRGA. One green and one brown. Both overclocks pretty poorly compared to JIUHB. Just thought anyone interested in ordering one from newegg should know. Im currently at 166 x 11.5 at 1.65 volts. 12 wont post. Oh it's on a Epox 8k5a3+ by the way, not getting anything better from my friend's ABIT NF7.

AMD Athlon XP 1700
Thoroughberd
AXDA1700DLT3C 9798908250141
AIRGA 0224MPMW 1999AMD

That's the detail spec on one particular one, other onnes is pretty much the same except it says TPAW instead of MPMW.

Edit: Im not satisfied at all with these results. After this friday (pay day :D) i'll be either ordering some 1700 rev B's from excalibre or 2100 rev B's from newegg. I wont be RMAing it cause it wouldnt be right to RMA it just because i didnt like the particular stepping so i'll either be selling it here or to someone else i know that may want it.

Last edited:
AIRGA 0224 DLT3C is a 1.5V 1700+ Tbred A. It performs very different than the "hot" 1.5V DLT3C 1700+ Tbred B.

The stepping AIRGA and the data 0224 (middle of last year) tell it is a Tbred A.

Well good point. One thing i do have to give to these CPUs is how cold they run. In my friends machine at default it ran at 25 degs case temp and 27 degs idle. On my current machine it runs 28 degs case and 38 degs at full load (only 10 over amb). Oh yeah both running same hsf. Lapped AX7 with a 50 cfm sunon

Too cold may not be good for CPU, since it means it does not take too much current and power and it cannot be fast and powerful.

Actually the 1.5V 1700+ takes more power than the 1.6V 1700+. That is why it is so powerful at low Vcore.

I only want chips in hand held devices, such as pda, cell phones to be super cool, for the reason of long battery life.

took the time to take the heatsink off my other one to find out

it's a AIRGA0250TPAW not too far off from the other one.

Good heads up.

I use to get my CPU's from newegg, BUT they will NOT comfirm steppings, I asked, so NOW all my CPU's come from excal pc, there you get to choose your stepping.

Thanks bro.

excaliber rocks! got a 1700+ DLT3C 0307VPMW

2400 @1.75v P95 Stable

Worth EVERY Dollar more I paid for it :D

Seraphic said:
excaliber rocks! got a 1700+ DLT3C 0307VPMW

2400 @1.75v P95 Stable

Worth EVERY Dollar more I paid for it :D

Yep, worth every dollar. Ordered lastnight :)

1 x AMD Athlon XP1700+ 1.47GHZ 384K 266 Tbred (TRAY)(JIUHB:0310XPMW) $77.94

Sub-Total: $77.94
Tax: $5.94
UPS GND: $6.53
Total: $84.47

I RMA my 1700+ from Newegg, it was running HOT on a sk7 with smartfan2 cranked up. Idle was 48 and load was 53 C If it ran in the low 40s I would not have

I live in Florida and the temps will be 10 to C hotter in the Summer and that sucks for me

u and me both Tom kruze. Hey i havent heard from you in awhile. Next time your on AIM drop me a line.
You should still consider that even with PC2400 memory running at 166, i was still able to reach a 30% overclock which is still decent in my books. It just doesnt look as good as say the 50% the B's are getting. Im taking a mjor performance IMO becase i got to time my PC2400 down to run at 166 mhz. Im going to order some PC3200 memory Cas 2 low lantency and see how much of a performance increase i get with faster timing and higher FSB than 166.
The good thing about these 1.5 volt AIRGA is if you live in a hot environment expecially in the summer you wont have to worry about heat as much. These things run very cool.

Rottys-R-Us said:

Yep, worth every dollar. Ordered lastnight :)

1 x AMD Athlon XP1700+ 1.47GHZ 384K 266 Tbred (TRAY)(JIUHB:0310XPMW) $77.94

Sub-Total: $77.94
Tax: $5.94
UPS GND: $6.53
Total: $84.47
I ordered the same thing Rottyz.... Great minds think alike!

I have a TBred A that I got from a private seller. It only does 166x10 regardless of the voltage.

nikhsub1 said:

I ordered the same thing Rottyz.... Great minds think alike!

I'd like to be a great mind too. Hope t's not too late for me to order one. lol

Also save $5.94 tax. hehe

I'ts not going up for sell yet, gonna see what it can do with better ram. Than if that doesnt work out i'll probably give in and get one from excaliber. When i decide to sell it it'll be in the classifieds.

LOL, I was kinda half-kidding, but if you want to dump your A's, make me an offer I can't refuse.

I'd say chances are you wont' get above 2gigs with it, if that.

Damnnnn that sucks! I am scared, i ordered a 1700 from newegg that is due at my house tomorrow.... i hoped it was the new DLT3C but i expected it to be a DUT3C JIUHB... was gonna use it as a backup rig so i didnt wanna spend all of the extra cash (20$ more includin shippin) for a DLT3C at excaliber...

will post what stepping i get tomorrow.

I changed the settings around. I dropped the FSB down to 153 and multi to 12.5 Im now at 1927 Mhz at 1.65 Volts. Advantage of dropping the FSB down was so i could use the turbo ram timing. 3DMark01 se score improved.

Emericana cross your finger and make a good long nice prayer ;)

Back