• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+ or 1700+ anywhere?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i am too scarred too buy from newegg cause it will be a waste of money when i get a pally, cause i have horrible luck...how far would the cpu from excaliber go? 2.1?

I doubt they'll send you a pally, I really doubt it. Newegg sells a lot of chips, if they had any pallys they probably sold them off a long time ago.

if you are near a fry's electronics or even a best buy......you can preaty much hand pick your stepping......I got my 1800+ DLt3c at fry's.....I don't know if they sell em anymore.....
I'd be careful buying anything from Fry's. I bought my 1800+ from them last summer. It went bad a few months later (before I even got a chance to OC it). I found out that their "1-year warrentee" is no longer valid because they don't sell 1800s anymore! They said to get another one from AMD...AMD said to go back to Fry's. :mad:

It has taken me awhile to get back here. I put a post here a couple days age about the cpu's at excaliber. They are the jiuhb 1700's. They will do 10x200 easily. Most likely 11x200 with only 1.7v. Really its just the way those chips are. I don't know if they have any left or not,I haven't checked yet today. As far as newegg goes, it is one of the best places to get stuff. The chips are fairly new,since they do sell alot, I just got an 1800 10-14 days ago, but it is locked. even at 11.5 it will run 200 (2300) with only 1.7v. Who can complain about that. That is over 3200+ for 52.00. I haven't even checked to see what a chip like that would cost. So either way you get a smokin deal, I think, and they wont always be around. The 1700 and 1800 that are unlocked are almost gone, completely. As for the 1700 jiuhb's if you have to have one that is not locked, that is the way to go. Otherwise the gettin is still good even for the locked newer ones, (t-bred 'b'), but they wont be around after to long either. edit: I'm not in ks anymore.

go with egg !! they will 99.9999% give you a B. $70 retail prob. $60 for oem.. Egg rocks .. fastest shipping and right around the lowest prices on most items.. Definetly worth it.. especially for what you get out of it.. 2.?ghz let us know your results !!

i guess i will bite the bullet soon and grab hold of one of their 2100's...even if i get a pally i will still be better off than my 2000+ i guess

Update us please.

I'm either going to get the AXDA1700DLT3C JIUHB:0310XPMW from excaliber, or else a 2100+ from newegg.

The first 2100+ i got from newegg was a pally, but that was a year ago :)

AFIsoldier said:
i guess i will bite the bullet soon and grab hold of one of their 2100's...even if i get a pally i will still be better off than my 2000+ i guess

Sorry, but if you got a Pally but didn't expect one you likely
clicked the wrong product.
NewEgg has the 2100 Tbred for $62 w/free shipping
right now. :D

excerpt from NewEgg page:
"Core: Thoroughbred
Operating Frequency: 1.73GHz
FSB: 266MHz
Cache: L1/64K+64K; L2/256K
Voltage: 1.65V
Process: 0.13Micron

2100 clicky *

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
AFIsoldier said:
so i will atleast get a tbred a? how far could i go with that and a inexpensive cooler(if i don't get the best i don't use the best lol)

Yes. It's advertised as a "Thoroughbred" so that's what
they should send you.

1800 clicky *

Whether you get an A or B core is a toss up
though. But from the reviews it seems your
chances of a B are good.

What OC you get really depends upon your board & RAM.
But I'd say you should be able to break 2.0ghz with an
"A" and 2.2-2.3Ghz with a "B". (1800)

Best of luck 2 U! :)

Last edited:
iLLestOne said:
Update us please.

I'm either going to get the AXDA1700DLT3C JIUHB:0310XPMW from excaliber, or else a 2100+ from newegg.

The first 2100+ i got from newegg was a pally, but that was a year ago :)

Where do you see that ExcaliberPC has the
dLt3c 1700 Tbred B?
All I see is the 1.6v dUt3c. :confused:

Right here
http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_186&products_id=1925

Only bad thing, is when u go to ur cart and try to purchase, u see *** and then read the footnote and see that they are outta stock. I e-mailed them and they've been out of stock for awhile.

Most sites take down the page after they stop selling stuff, so I just jumped to conclusions. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. My bad.

iLLestOne said:
Right here
http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_186&products_id=1925

Only bad thing, is when u go to ur cart and try to purchase, u see *** and then read the footnote and see that they are outta stock. I e-mailed them and they've been out of stock for awhile.

Most sites take down the page after they stop selling stuff, so I just jumped to conclusions. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. My bad.

Hmmm ... I am surprised you came up with that as that didn't
come up on my search yesterday. And I haven't seen those
available there for quite some time.

Parhaps you were inadvertently updating a page stored
in your browser's cache. (???)

Back