• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st overclock on sempron 145 is this right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your'e current divider is 1:2 which means its twice the speed of your'e fsb (aka reference clock) so youre 270 fsb makes 540 ram speed (270 x 2 = 540) now if you change what i highlighted in youre pics it should give you a different divider, some bios show it as a speed others show it as a divider amount like cpu-z, yours looks like its a speed which is easy, as once you change it then you will know without doing any maths the speed that your going to end up with, as it will show you in your bios,and the timings are underneath, the 9-9-9

Attachments

• ram timings.JPG
    ram timings.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 193
  • SPDimage.JPG
    SPDimage.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 194
i can change the memory clock value but it doesnt show any change to my ram timings, still being 99924

also the 1.2 ratio im currently on, is there a specific ratio i should be aiming for? only just got my head round the CPU stuff (kinda) but the ram is confusing the life out of me.

i can change the memory clock value but it doesnt show any change to my ram timings, still being 99924

also the 1.2 ratio im currently on, is there a specific ratio i should be aiming for? only just got my head round the CPU stuff (kinda) but the ram is confusing the life out of me.
Try the one above that, 3:8...667 MHz, it will end up being 720 for you with your HT Ref. Clock. Your timings need to stay the same at 9-9-9-24, really they should be 9-9-9-27 (9 x 3 = 27)

Sorry for the late reply been away from home for a few days. I've changed my ram settings to 667mhz and the timings but the computer refuses to start after the press del to enter bios screen. Cpu and memory voltage errors, I've increased and decreased them but I still have the problem.
I'm not bothered too much my computer is quicker but I guess you dont learn if you dont question everything lol

Gears, you're overclocking with the FSB so if you set your memory speed to its full 667/1333 rating it may wind up too fast to be stable. Memory frequency is tuned to the fsb. When the FSB grows so does the memory frequency. Put it back to what you had it before. The best way to change the memory timings is to do it manually in bios by taking that bios item off of Auto and manipulating the individual timings.

Last edited:
Back