• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.67mhz for low cost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Amino said:
:argue:

Ok, and here's what I have to say to that:

The veracity of your statements is explicable, notwithstanding the fact that what I have simply stated was one who can not achieve equivalent feats of gaming prowess with the minutiae and nice points of the game turned on is not as good a player as one who can do so. Nevertheless, regardless of how well you can do without details maximized does not change the reality that you are not proficient enough to compete with those who are better able to play and own with everything on. Yes, playing with a p2 300 would be quite unfeasible, while having all details on, but then again, it would be almost impossible to play the game and enjoy it at all on a system like that. You had better stick to Quake II. And do you believe that things in Quake II are clearer than they are in UT2003? Because there are obviously less details in that game. If so, why even bother playing UT2003? There are still QII players…

You referred to me as a n00b for playing with details on, however, I don’t believe that you can justify this claim with your aforementioned reasoning. n00bs are those who basically suck. If one requires additional assistance in the game to improve his gaming proficiency, he is clearly more of a n00b than one who does not need that extra lift.

In addition, turning on details only clears up blending and needless clutter. For example, it allows you to see your opponent more easily (coronas and flares). Increasing the details of the world only makes the world clearer and sharper. Decreasing it such would make it blurry and harder to tell apart a level ground from a small ledge. Your claim of making the game more cluttered has no basis.

The main points of this are firstly, you are far to quick to throw names around, and secondly, I love your use of the English language:p.

:D

Hehe sorry English is not my native language.

The way I see it we disagree on two things:

1) how a n00b is defined

2) how increased details affect the ingame visibility

My view on these points is as follows:

1) The n00bness that I jokingly referred to is defined by a certain unfamiliarity with the game. This translates into the n00b being unable to tweak the game's settings for improved performance, simply because he/she is ignorant of the existence of these settings.

2) Increased details only sharpen unnecessary texture details and add effects that obscure rather than enhance the gaming experience. Examples of such effects include the dreamy glowing lights that serve no purpose but to hide opponents from your view at the minigun position on Antalus. Decals are another great example- elaborate objects are drawn that may look like relevant objects like pickups but are actually not. Furthermore they do not influence the movement restrictions in their vicinity, altough their visual appearance strongly suggests so at times.
As for flares and coronas: I fail to see the use of a bright ringed shine brought on by a fancy ceiling light or some such device. It will certainly not help me see danger any sooner compared to the situation of uniform lighting and visibility.

3) If you were in Europe I'd challenge you for a 1on1 right now. :cool:

Back